weird CRT problem

JSF35rhino

[H]ard|Gawd
i have a AOC 19inch CRT monitor model 9glr

anyway bought it new last year --its been fine bright and no problems until now.

on start up it will "pop" and fizz--and the screen acts all crazy--then it will puff out a "stink"

after 30 seconds or so it will start working-- although sometimes during the days operation--it might get crazy again--

it seems to be doing this more and more --as much as shipping cost i hat to RMA the thing unless it is absolutely necessary-- the way things are going on it though it may konk-out anytime. anybody have this happen before ??

JSF35rhino said:
i have a AOC 19inch CRT monitor model 9glr

anyway bought it new last year --its been fine bright and no problems until now.

on start up it will "pop" and fizz--and the screen acts all crazy--then it will puff out a "stink"

after 30 seconds or so it will start working-- although sometimes during the days operation--it might get crazy again--

it seems to be doing this more and more --as much as shipping cost i hat to RMA the thing unless it is absolutely necessary-- the way things are going on it though it may konk-out anytime. anybody have this happen before ??

Have you called AOC to see if they have a local service center?

Even if you have to ship it back the $25 bucks or so is well worth it, far cheaper then a new monitor, no?

been looking around the net--to see if there are any others with this problem .

i'm thinking it may be bad cap's . but so far notheing definite--the thing is working ok right now--who knows what it will do after a overnight powerdown.

the aoc 19 ince crt ran fine all day sunday,
then on monday it poped a little and fizzeled a little--then it died--

so it looks like i'm going to get to try out AOC's 3 year warrenty afterall. :eek:

If I were you, I wouldn't leave the monitor on without someone being in the home/apartment. Pop, fiz, stink=electrical problem that could potentially create a fire hazard.

this thing ai't a fire hazzard-- it's just stone cold dead -- no sighns of life-- shipped it ups for RMA.

maybe they will send me a new one?--

:eek:

they should as its only a yr old.

good luck with that, when my Dell P1130 died I went out & bought TFT's but that Dell was almost 5 yrs old.

quote: "then it will puff out a "stink""

ah yes! the stink of computer death, know it well

Back