Weird Crackling sound when playing audio

genkifd

Limp Gawd
would if anyone can help me out.

recently i am getting crackling sounds intermediately when i play audio - this especially is noticeable when deep bass is played.

the onbaord chip is the Realtek ALC889 on my evga Z77 FTW motherboard.

I have updated the realtek audio drivers, ethernet drivers, turned off all audio enhancements and the sound still exists.

any suggestions?

Does it come from all speakers or just one? Double check to make sure your audio cable is plugged in really good. I know with mine if its not plugged in just right I'll get some occasional crackling.

can you hook your phone or mp3 player up to the speakers instead of the computer and see if it is the speakers or the sound card?

so... umm why... ?? not ideal fidelity but hook the 3.5mm jack to headphone jack of phone or mp3 play and play something

if it crackles speakers are probably jacked up....if it come out clear some sort of problem with the sound card.

well a bit hard cause i guess you have front / rear and center inputs but just plug those into separate source device one at a time and see if the crackle persists....

plugged in my earphones and they still crackle so it must be the board.

Does it happen too if you switch the jack to the other connector? And are you using the rear or front audio?

happens to all the plugs.

hopefully this fixed it - reinstalled Windows

have you installed the realtek drivers?

if so maybe try unistalling them and use the windows audio drivers ...or look on realtek site for newest drivers if you got the drivers from the MB makers site.

or maybe it is just crappy onboard audio that stinks/ is defective.

when i discovered the sound at the beginning the latest Realtek driver wasnt installed. since then i have installed the latest realtek driver and its all the same.

The only solution i can think of is buy a new 7.1 sound card to by pass the onboard audio chip. what do you guys think? and which 7.1 sound card? thinking the Asus D2X. a little on the expensive side though.

Back