• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Weird color issue...

JCNiest5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
4,141
Okay, so I have two Acer H213H LCD monitors attached to my video cards, their display isn't identical at all. One is always a little more saturated/more colorful, while the other one is dull, boring, you know what I mean. I picked the same profile for both and they still look different! (Profile choice: User, Text, Standard, Graphics, Movie).

I have tried it on the few NVidia video cards (GTX 450, 460, 470) I have (except the ATI HD 5870). The two monitors behave the same way for all of them.

I narrowed it down to this: The one that is attached to the main DVI output is always more colorful. The one that is attached to the secondary DVI output is always dull, boring.

What's causing that? Are the ports sending different signal strength to the monitors? That's why they look different?

Anyone out there is having the same issue?
 
What a night and day difference it makes when I moved to two LED IPS monitors!!! The color is exactly the same on both of them. Now I have the reason to get rid of my two old LCD monitors.
 
Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted out. What model of monitors did you go with?

I saw two LG IPS LED 24EC53V-P from Sam's Club and I went with those. I heard/read that IPS is better than just LED so I picked what I thought were two affordable ones.

True to what I've heard/read, their color are much more vibrant than the two Acer LCDs.
 
Back
Top