Weird CCC bug

Soarin

2[H]4U
Okay so I just set up a second display today so I can watch a movie and IRC too. Got done doing that and want to disable the second monitor for now until next time. Go into CCC>Common display taks> disable the second monitor. All fine and dandy for about 30 seconds and bam it comes back on. There is no dialog box asking me to confirm the change at all. I do not want to unplug it each and every damn time. Has anyone else had this happen?
Catalyst version 14.4
Radeon R9 270 OC

Okay it is doing it every time I try to enable or disable the monitor. This is very annoying.. Just had it happen mid game when I was trying to play. Anyone have this issue at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxmzGB5jXO8 This is a video of it happening.

Last edited:
You can try setting up a Preset with a keyboard HotKey combo to turn it of again. I have seen some games revert to old setting as when the game launches its using a different res or frame rate so some settings like scaling a others go back to default. You have to set those again for each res/frame rate setup. Have you tried disabling it before, after and while the game is running? But I guess it coming back on after 30 seconds no matter what you are doing?

Also kind of sounds like the Windows countdown to keep the settings or revert back. Is the requester popup hidden or stuck off screen. I don’t see it in your video and I get it when I extend the desktop or disable the second display. I have to click yes to keep the changes or the revert back in 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Ya the popup is not there at all which is weird. I found a way around this though. If I disable the monitor or enable it, then change the screen resolution , apply changes it does not revert settings because that pop up box appears and I click ok. If I do not do this step then it messes up and reverts back. I emailed AMD about this to see if they have had this before. Also I will try what you mentioned. But yes it comes back after around 30 seconds no matter what I am doing at all. Gaming,IRC, Websurfing,Movie. It doesn't care it reverts back.

http://youtu.be/YErIfZrw3KM new video showing both monitors

Last edited:
Back