Weird CCC 11.4 Manual fan control issue

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
I ran into a strange CCC issue starting with the 11.4 pre-release, but this issue continues with the 11.4 Full release.

In my system I have 2 6950's (6970 mod) in crossfire. Prior to 11.4, I could set manual fan speed independently, on both cards, and everything was great. When I switched to the 11.4 pre-release, and even now with the full release, I have noticed that the manual fan speed control is only working for one card (primary). You can increase the fan speed on the second card but it does not actually change ...

... but if I fire up GPU-Z ...

The second cards fan fires up to the correct speed (you can hear it ramp up). Sometimes doing this will cause the display driver to crash, shortly afterward, which causes the second cards fan to slow back down (again you can hear this)

I have tried removing / uninstalling CCC and then reinstalling the new divers, but it doesn't appear to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Perhaps someone could try to see if both fans are changing speeds?

I have the exact same issue. I am also on 6950 CF, but they are still not modded. When GPU-Z is running, both cards are running the set speed, but when I close it, the second card goes to 20%. Something is definitely wrong. It is really annoying since my current setup have the cards crammed together...

EDIT: ahh, except the crashing display driver - my problem is purely related to CCC to being able to control the fan speeds properly - GPU-Z somehow fixing the issue momentarily.

Last edited:
Back