Weird Boot Issues Ram?

Odigo

Gawd
I've been having random boot issues.. I'm trying to determine if it's ram, or something else. Running a MSI Z690 with DDR5 6200 CL38 (Hynix). The ram is on the approved motherboard list. I've stressed tested it with multiple programs and had no errors. I haven't had any issues with crashes in Windows.. A couple times on fresh boot the mouse would stop working and I would receive the error "a USB device has malfunctioned" in Windows. After reboot it would work as normal. Once on a computer reboot I had a BIOS OC error. It turned off my XMP for my memory. After restarting my computer had no issue. I disabled FAST startup in Windows. With the recent OC error I disabled FAST boot in the BIOS. Any ideas? I am using the latest "beta" BIOS.. but all it changes is the default secure boot setting. I only used this version because it needed updating new out of the box.

I've been having random boot issues.. I'm trying to determine if it's ram, or something else. Running a MSI Z690 with DDR5 6200 CL38 (Hynix). The ram is on the approved motherboard list. I've stressed tested it with multiple programs and had no errors. I haven't had any issues with crashes in Windows.. A couple times on fresh boot the mouse would stop working and I would receive the error "a USB device has malfunctioned" in Windows. After reboot it would work as normal. Once on a computer reboot I had a BIOS OC error. It turned off my XMP for my memory. After restarting my computer had no issue. I disabled FAST startup in Windows. With the recent OC error I disabled FAST boot in the BIOS. Any ideas? I am using the latest "beta" BIOS.. but all it changes is the default secure boot setting. I only used this version because it needed updating new out of the box.
Any issues in games? Like stuttering, sound glitches, display cutting out, etc?

Hmm. Which motherboard?
Do you have a different mouse and keyboard to try? (I have heard once or twice, of a mouse causing issues with a new machine. And switching mice fixed it).

I had a bad set of Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 5600. But it was slightly more obvious about. Boot times were incredibly long. it would take like 2 solid minutes to post and boot to windows. Elden Ring stuttered even worse than ever and had sound glitches. And the screen would glitch to black for a split second.

I had one or two blue screens.

No errors reported in memory tests. I did a windows based memory test and one which I booted from a USB drive.

running without XMP did not fix it. upping the two important voltages for DDR5, did not fix it.

I sent it back to Amazon and got a replacement set of the same exact RAM and its been great.

MSI gaming edge wifi z690. 2 sticks.. in A2/B2 per manual

Back