weird amd audio problem

I'm having the weirdest audio problem. I'm in the process of moving in with my girlfriend and I decided to hook up my pc first. I had my pc hooked up to my tv via a amd 7870 through hdmi. I hook everything up at her house and everything is good except that the audio cuts in and out. So I'm going crazy trying to figure out what's the problem and uninstalled and reinstalled the video card with numerous drivers and it didn't work. I eventually reinstalled Windows and it worked, yes! So I decided to put the tv back on the tv stand(i reinstalled Windows with the tv on the floor with a different electrical outlet) and plug it in a different tv outlet and the audio is cutting out and in again. Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

Dump the girl they are not worth it, move back where you don't get electrical Interference affecting audio performance. IF this was happening to me I would drop the chick like a bad habit with out question.

A bit judgmental don't you think? If he's found the right girl who are we to tell him he's wrong? Let him be happy with the girl, the audio problem is a heck of a lot easier to fix than finding the right person in your life.

OP:

Try also testing the power outlets to see if they are properly grounded, Do you plug the HDMI in directly to the TV or does it go through a receiver for surround-sound?

I tried 3 different hdmi cables with the same results. I plugged the hdmi directly into the tv and into a receiver with the same results too. The house is a piece of shit and it's probably not grounded(I'm not sure how to test if it's grounded). It's odd because I hooked up a bluray player to the tv to test if it was the tv's speakers but it played fine.

You can get a cheap wall outlet tester at Home Depot. It won't check for subtle problems but it would tell you if you have a working ground.

Does your Blu-ray player have 3 prongs or 2? If it is only 2 then it isn't using the ground at all which is why it is working.

So I took the pc back to my house and did a few windows reinstalls. I reinstalled windows and after the first reboot I installed the Video card driver. After the first video card driver reboot I get audio but after another reboot after that I lose audio or it just cuts in and out. This is driving me crazy.

Dump the girl they are not worth it, move back where you don't get electrical Interference affecting audio performance. IF this was happening to me I would drop the chick like a bad habit with out question.

+1 doing this fixed my gpu overheating issues also

Try a different Power cable or possiblly a different PSU? Its good to rule out variables.

So I took the pc back to my house and did a few windows reinstalls. I reinstalled windows and after the first reboot I installed the Video card driver. After the first video card driver reboot I get audio but after another reboot after that I lose audio or it just cuts in and out. This is driving me crazy.

RMA. If you get the same problem in two locations, it's likely the card.

Back