• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Weird 5850 fan blip

Term-X

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2001
Messages
2,412
It's not really a major issue but I am very curious as to why it occurs. Feel like I am oblivious or something but anyway.

What is happening is that whenever I open up Microsoft Outlook, the GPU fan cycles down about 20% (example, 54% speed down to 34%) and does that rapidly a few times before resuming to normal speed. And same thing when I exit outlook. I am running Afterburner and I tried turning off the powerplay feature and setting stagnant clocks but the issue is still there.

Again it doesn't really affect me but I'm not sure why Outlook would trigger this to occur.
 
Back
Top