Webtv keyboard?

botboy

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 21, 2000
Messages
2,680
a while back I picked up a couple sony webTV wireless keyboards for a quarter at a garage sale, and now a friend of mine is looking at putting a computer in the console of his '97 ram, and wants to know if he could use the webtv keyboard with any sort of receiver to get a standard usb/ps2/at keyboard connector to plug into the dell laptop thats going in the console of his truck. any ideas?
 
I have one also a sony one it would be cool to able to use it as a PC keyboard. does anyone know?
 
I have the guts of one of the old webtv units, i used the case for something else, it has the IR reciever and all the pc boards that were in the case, it had a PS/2 connector on the back, IfI can find them they are yours for the postage cost.
PM me if you are interested.


 
I believe you can use them with 'Girder' if your PC has IR (or you're willing to add it).

Check over at www.mp3car.com . I think a few people over there are using WebTV keyboards.
 
Back
Top