Website is dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser008

n00b
It only seems to be happening at this website, probably because of the black background. Ok, so my screen gets darker when the screen is dark, but when scrolling down if there is a lighter image in an article or something it lightens up. Only experience here, but sent an email to the webmaster here and the response was that this was not something they implemented. If any of you guys have an idea how to remedy this please let me know, its freaking annoying and makes it unpleasant to browse this site.

My Dell laptop does the same, my mac does not, I'd imagine that this something that is particular to your hardware. If you want to share the link I can confirm, but I've definitely seen this before.

My laptops (Acer 7741Z and Dell L702x) both do that when they're on battery. it's a power saving mechanism to lower the backlight on dark screens since most of the light is being blocked anyway.

They both have Intel HD graphics, and if yours does too, then to disable it you have to go into the Intel's Graphics Properties (right click the desktop and you should see it listed). Then in the advanced settings mode, click the power tab on the left. On the right pane there will be a "Power Source" box, change it to battery and an new option should appear below called "Power Consumption Features" with a "Display power Saving Technology" checkbox. Uncheck that, click apply, and it should do away with the auto-dimming crap.

Another thing that could be causing things similar to this is your display's dynamic contrast, but as previously mentioned a laptop's power saving settings also do the same kind of thing.

My tv does this and its annoying as crap, but there is no way to turn it off on the tv, its a "feature". It's definitely not the website but your drivers/display settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back