Website Discussion

Well i have some good news and some bad news.

Bad. The website is still not finished. I havent even seen any samples or rough drafts of a working site. I have gotten a hold of the company i paid to do it and his coder has went missing in action. Hes offering me a refund.

Good. I have a backup developer that has pulled me out of jams before. I sent him the mockup and hope to hear back from him today on a price.

I can help with the coding if needed...

Let me know!

Sucks you are having to do a claim, but sweet that its actually being worked on now.

When you changes pages I notice that the background is white and then then graphics and text appear. It might look better if the background were set to black in the body.

What happened to the site? Looked better before IMO. The mock up on the first post of this thread looks the best however.

Our hosting company changed DNS providers so our nameservers changed. I sent Kyle the new nameservers in an email so the site should be up soon.

Most of the staff that works for the hosting company lives on the east coast. They are dealing with the quake and the hurricane. That all happened the next day after Kyle made the changes.

I talked to the CEO today and hes looking into it for me.

That's fantastic.

Perhaps once the site is all up and running, we could get Kyle/Steve to post something on the [H] front page in order to generate more interest/awareness for this?

It is clean, this is what i like, it is simple.. yet has flash where it needs it, the eye catchers are going to be the custom images made for each game / focus point

as Smart Driver said, the Metalic look gives it a "solid" appearance absolutely, which goes well with [H] over all theme.

i enjoy the shadow back drop on main titles, it helps in a subtle way to show a title or something important over the text to draw ones attention.

I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with that.

The metallic background, give a solid look. And yes it's very clean.

But maybe make it say. "Live [H]ard. Play [H]ard. [H]ard Gaming."

Or at least have "Hard Gaming." at the end.

Actually the official [H] motto is, "Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay [H]ard"

Long overdue for an update here.

Site is down due to a "Server Crash" But its been well over a month now and I haven't gotten any response from these guys.

So... I sadly didn't backup the site and we are going to start over using ddigital mock up. (How [H] of me not backing up.) :(

With that said... Feel free to call me a moron.

Long overdue for an update here.

Site is down due to a "Server Crash" But its been well over a month now and I haven't gotten any response from these guys.

So... I sadly didn't backup the site and we are going to start over using ddigital mock up. (How [H] of me not backing up.) :(

With that said... Feel free to call me a moron.

Daw, bummer! That really sucks. Time to find a new hosting site?

I'm getting a URL error when I try to connect to hard-gaming.org.
Do we still own the domain name?

Does anyone know, who the Hard Gaming Community Administrators are now? I sent a PM to BravO))) and FrEaKy on Thursday, and haven't received a reply yet.
Loco Laptop replied, that he is no longer part of the community.

Does anyone know, who the Hard Gaming Community Administrators are now? I sent a PM to BravO))) and FrEaKy on Thursday, and haven't received a reply yet.
Loco Laptop replied, that he is no longer part of the community.

I resigned and handed over my keys to Loco Laptop and Bravo))). I dont know what happened after that internally or who was brought in but im pretty sure a little while after that it disbanded. So there isnt any adminstration/staff anymore.

If you need a thread updated that i was the OP of then let me know and i can do it.

I resigned and handed over my keys to Loco Laptop and Bravo))). I dont know what happened after that internally or who was brought in but im pretty sure a little while after that it disbanded. So there isnt any adminstration/staff anymore.

If you need a thread updated that i was the OP of then let me know and i can do it.

My account got hacked, and gave up my permissions just encase it wasn't a one time thing. I also felt it was best to step back because of my current job as well, and is why I am currently not a mod anymore.

Back