Website Background Ideas

overlord20

Gawd
Well our website is getting around 1100-1300 hits a month after a year and a lot of changing it. We are doing some subtle upgrading and we think the current background is distracting. We are looking for some ideas for a background. Something that isn't distracting and brightens up the page a little.

I appreciate any ideas you guys have.

http://www.intensegamingtv.com

Personally, I don't think the current background is distracting. However, if anything, I'd go with a solid/gradient instead of an image. I'm not too big on image backgrounds: they are hugely distracting.

I'd just get rid of the scan lines and just have a solid gradient. It'd be much easier on the eyes (not that I find it overly distracting as is).

We went with a solid gradient and the site brightened up a lot and looks cleaner.. Thanks for the advice!

Tbh, the background is alright but the white block at the bottom is a bit meh.
The bigger issue is imho that you are using dark green font on a black and dark gray background, couldn't think or a much more user unfriendly contrast short of using dark gray font (or the teal that you do actually use).

I would redesign the skin to have more contrast and make it easier to read (yes, I have 20/20 vision).

that green line that goes horizontole above the text "advanced search" seems to suddenly appear on teh sides, woudl like to see it either boarder inside or removed

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

text seems hard to view on page 1 of reviews where there is more black text, seems easier on my eyes with lower half with banner add (maybe cause of the color contrast)

nice use of embedded video and location of video and text when click "read more"

Back