Webserver for home alarm system ?

DouglasteR

Gawd
Hi there my friends.

I recently installed in my home a more advanced alarm system.

It features a lan and a gprs connection to send events and alarm to a host computer that acts as a webserver for remote access.

but, their software completely suck ass and dont work very well outside of winxp.

So, is there any software that do this ? I need it to receive the events and alarms and show them to me by browser.

the central supports ContactID and Adecom protocols.

Thanks.

Wait, wait, wait... You don't work well outside of Win XP? You do know Win XP is outside of mainstream support and will be completely unsupported by this time next year? And you want to host an alarm system on it?
Can you provide a little more explanation?

You could get a copy of Win 7 Ultimate and run their software in "XP Mode"

and the only difference from running it on a physical WinXP machine, is that it's a VM.
It's still out of support, will be just as vulnerable to exploits (depending on whether you use bridged or NAT'ed networking for the XP VM)

Wait, wait, wait... You don't work well outside of Win XP? You do know Win XP is outside of mainstream support and will be completely unsupported by this time next year? And you want to host an alarm system on it?

Not me :D, its the software. The company is suposelly working on a new version, but god knows when it will be released.

Who makes your alarm security panel?

www.intelbras.com.br its the 2018EG model

You could get a copy of Win 7 Ultimate and run their software in "XP Mode"

and the only difference from running it on a physical WinXP machine, is that it's a VM.
It's still out of support, will be just as vulnerable to exploits (depending on whether you use bridged or NAT'ed networking for the XP VM)

This will be the last resort for sure.

Sorry for the late response, its pouring like Poseidon´s revenge here. :D

Not me :D, its the software. The company is suposelly working on a new version, but god knows when it will be released.

Sorry, my mistake. All I can say in my defense is reading failure, and we get all kinds in here...

I can't help you on front-end software for that. Complete and utter failure on the Vendor's part. Have you tried installing the software in Windows 7, using the compatibility tools? I've been able to run alot of 'won't work on Win 7' stuff that way.

Sorry, my mistake. All I can say in my defense is reading failure, and we get all kinds in here...

I can't help you on front-end software for that. Complete and utter failure on the Vendor's part. Have you tried installing the software in Windows 7, using the compatibility tools? I've been able to run alot of 'won't work on Win 7' stuff that way.

No prob =*

Yes, all compatibility options have been tried so far.

I guess i will annoy for a beta version :rolleyes:

I think that is not compatible for your system and you call the customer care centre of alarm manufacturer they will better guide you that how can you adjust that both of you get the alert when any people try to enter in your property.

Back