Webpages not rendering right...

Sovereign

2[H]4U
Webpages on a coworker's Windows XP SP2 laptop are not rendering right. See the following. It is REALLY obvious on the Windows Update site. Everything but Windows Update was loaded in Firefox 3.0.

I have tried reinstalling FF, Dial-A-Fix #3, clearing temporary files, removing Norton 360 and running the Norton Removal Tool, a Winsock LSP reset and checking the hard drive for errors. I have also run Windows Update. Don't know what the f-ck is wrong with this machine!

CNN.com
cnnap6.jpg

Mozilla Start Page
mozillakm1.jpg

Windows Update (I put in the red boxes to draw attention to the epic failure that is occurring on this machine)
wuwt8.jpg

Could be a combination of spyware/hijack/settings

I would start by setting IE settings back to default (advanced tab, very bottom button).

I would also uninstall google toolbar and any other toolbar (thus the hijack). YOu don't need that stuff anymore.

Tried using HJT to remove everything and setting IE back to default. Scanned with Spybot and the only thing I "found" was WildTangent, but I think the person put that there (if it's causing the problem it goes though).

Try removing the Google Toolbar, and then running a registry cleaner, like CCleaner or RegScrubXP.

Back