WebOS comes to ATT, May 16th!

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
As the title states, WebOS is coming to ATT this sunday! I will be going to my nearest corporate store and most likely buying the Palm Pre Plus, I had come to this conclusion a few days ago, No other mobile OS had wowed me like WebOS did when it was first introduced at CES '09, The android platform is pretty good, I have used it plenty of times, but it never wowed me like WebOS, the iPhone platform, I never particularly liked, I have used it multiple times, but i hate how closed it is, how tight of a control apple has on all it apps. Windows Mobile is in a sort of transitional phase right now, But its still early to tell how big of a hit Windows Phone 7 will be, and there are still no phones coming out anytime soon for it, Blackberry...just no. So WebOS seems to be the best path for me, and not to mention, I don't wanna leave ATT at all, because they are very good here in the space coast of Florida. What are your thoughts and opinions on it? Is anyone else going the same route as me and picking this up when it hits ATT this sunday? And Id like to mention, Palm seems to be doing most things right with WebOS, They listen to the community, fixes and patches come out quick, they allow homebrew, and now that HP bought Palm, I can only imagine how much better itll get, Im super excited for a WebOS tablet, The only logical place palm can go is up!

Agreed completely, But as of right now, their hardware isn't a slouch, but the low res screen :/

I've been using the Pre on ATT for a few days now and I like it quite a bit. It is faster than may iPhone 3g maybe even more responsive than the 3gs. I like the phone function better than the Bold and the internet better than the iphone. So far I like it very much, but I usually dont make a final judgment until I have used a phone for at least a month.

Yay, Hearing that makes me even more excited...btw how did u get yours already?! D:

I just ordered one through Verizon for free (I know this is an ATT thread), and I'm really excited to get it. Sure, it's not a superphone, but I think it will do all I need it to do very nicely. Verizon also offers the free mobile hotspot service with it as well. That and the cost sealed the deal for me. This paired with my forthcoming wireless iPad will give me interent wherever I go!

I just ordered one through Verizon for free (I know this is an ATT thread), and I'm really excited to get it. Sure, it's not a superphone, but I think it will do all I need it to do very nicely. Verizon also offers the free mobile hotspot service with it as well. That and the cost sealed the deal for me. This paired with my forthcoming wireless iPad will give me interent wherever I go!

On the contrary dear sir, I think it may be a God Phone ^_^

I'm really important! lol

The palm app store is down, you have to set the phones date back a week to get it to work ATM. Hopefully palm fixes this before launch tomorrow.

I wish i was important! :(

Yea i heard about that mishap with the palm catalog....I was disheartened to say the least, but im sure palm will have it up and running in no time! :D

I wish i was important! :(

Actually having these phones just means alot of extra work. Here is my current stable that I can show:

868155035_n7JqX-X3.jpg

I'm REALLY interested in the Pre. I want to sell my 3GS and buy a non-contract Pre from ATT tomorrow.

Actually having these phones just means alot of extra work. Here is my current stable that I can show:

868155035_n7JqX-X3.jpg

Wow, What exactly do you do? Are you an ATT Rep or someone even more important? D:

As I have been looking into what you can do through the amazing work of the Palm Pre community, I beginning to think so. 800MHz here I come.

I know, and the fact that Palm allows the community to take part in WebOS without trying to block em, Shows how open minded Palm is! Now thats a company that can listen to their customers!

i have a sprint palm pre and basically i love the software but iam ditching the phone for the EVO because i hate how sluggish the phone feels and the cheap materials it's made out of.
I also need a real gmail client on my phone.

I gotz my palm pre!!! And i must say, Im in love!!! :D

Whats the best forums for the palm pre?

Maybe it the plus is just better than the plain pre, but I dont understand why this phone was not more popular, I guess it is because it was on sprint. It really has the simplicity of the iphone and still is more customizable. I wonder why Verizon did not take it on the first go around as they could have marketed it the same way they did Droid and I think alot of people would have jumped on board. But who knows why cell companies do what they do.

Maybe it the plus is just better than the plain pre, but I dont understand why this phone was not more popular, I guess it is because it was on sprint. It really has the simplicity of the iphone and still is more customizable. I wonder why Verizon did not take it on the first go around as they could have marketed it the same way they did Droid and I think alot of people would have jumped on board. But who knows why cell companies do what they do.

I agree, this phone just blows iphone and android out of the water, the ease of use is amazing, the customization is incredible, the power of the phone is insane, And before you all flame me, I have used both the iPhone and Android before, and the pre is simply better.

eragon go to PreCentral.net for pre info

Oh damn, this site is amazing, Thank you! :D

If anyone has questions or anything, feel free to ask me! :D

i think the newer made palm pre plus are probably a much better phone hardware wise than the shitty sprint verison that i have. I did really like web os but oh well i preorderd a EVO 4G

I agree, this phone just blows iphone and android out of the water, the ease of use is amazing, the customization is incredible, the power of the phone is insane, And before you all flame me, I have used both the iPhone and Android before, and the pre is simply better.

Oh damn, this site is amazing, Thank you! :D

If anyone has questions or anything, feel free to ask me! :D

Does it sync with Google stuff (calendar, gmail, etc)??

Glad you liked that site. you can get a homebrew app called my tether for your pre that will turn it into a mobile hot spot. I recently moved to Fort Wayne Indiana and had to stay in a hotel with crappy wireless for about a week until my apartment was ready. I used my pre with my tether on it instead of their wireless. I was able to connect my laptop,netbook a friends laptop and a network printer to my Palm Pre ( all at the same time) and we all still had pretty good internet speed.

Just remember that if you want to use home brew apps you need to put the phone into dev mode. This is the funniest thing if you are and old school gamer. You type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. then you will see the dev mode app appear on your screen. Turn it on and you can start to install homebrew apps. Remember to keep a copy of all your Home Brew Apps on your PC since any OS upgrade will remove them and you will need to reinstall. One great app to install is filecoaster. It lets you brows the home brew apps on your pre. Sort of like having another app store where 99% of them are free.

Well, after reading practically only this thread and a handful of reviews, I went to the AT&T store and played with my first ever Palm device and WebOS.

I went in looking for something non-iPhone that did a lot of the same stuff.

I bought it at $270 out the door (including tax), and have a $100 mail in rebate to send in. I'm loving this thing so far.

I went in at lunch and bought it, then had to finish the rest of the work day not being able to play with my brand new toy!!!

Yes! Another pre user!! Def check out precentral, once you start getting in the homebrew scene, you'll never look back!! :D

I've had my Verizon Pre Plus for two days now and I'm totally in love with it. I've got the overclock kernal through Preware and it is amazing how the performance of the phone jumps. Scrolling is quick with no lag at all. Apps load blazingly fast.

I really love this phone.

Back