Webmail woes...

ameoba

Supreme [H]ardness
Sitting here trying to figure out what's wrong with the webmail the old admin set up (12mo old CVS version of Horde/IMP) and, for the life of me, I can't figure out why it stopped showing users attachments. It's parsing MIME mail properly (since you can read the bodies of multipart messages) and recognizing the attachments (in the message list) but the links that say "download attachments" in the message view are gone.

Right now, I'm thinking that, like most of the jacked up stuff he left behind, the best thing to do is to replace it. What are some good/popular webmail systems?

SquirrelMail.

http://www.squirrelmail.org

Can't live without it. :)

If it doesn't have a function you want, there's probably a plugin for it. If not, you can write one.

Use the newest 1.4.4 cvs snapshot or 1.4.3a final.

If you need help setting it up, just ask.

BTW, you do not need one of the packaged versions for linux. They are just there for convenience. Just use the tar.gz file for the version you want.

There's nothing to compile. It must connect to an imap server and uses php. The archive plugin requires zlib, so make sure php has support for zlib. Also php 4.3.6 does not work well with SM. Use a different version.

Back