Web suggestions/critiques

shaft

Limp Gawd
ok, this is my first shot at web a website, i work for a truck service center in detroit, our current website looks like a buisiness card with a busy background, i want to re-do the site, i picked up a shorter domain name, the current one is way too long, the new name is also used as the testing site, and i created a php nuke based forum last nite, the site is very, very rough, i just need some help & suggestions to get in the right direction, i currently just copied the original sites content for the time being

old/current site http://arrowtrucksandparts.com

new test site http://arrowdetroit.com

I know they both suck, LOL, but help me make a better one....

looks good but when you click on your buttons for your links the "parts" button goes out of alignment. Other than that there's a huge difference between the two. Looks 10x better :)

thanks, I'll work on that, I had quite a time geting it started, I had no idea what I was doing(still really dont) but it's not a priority job, and what about the forums, i want to make it usefull, I think i have it set up correctly, but I'll give it a week before i show the boss

Oh man get those thumbnails a little bigger in the photo gallery. I can barely see what they are at 1024x768, so I can only imagine what they look like on a higher res monitor.

Looks a lot better than the original. You may not want the weather on there though. It is a cool feature, but I don't think it belongs.

the owner liked the weather thing on the original site, so I kept it , I may get rid of it tho, the pic gallery is just a test, i think it's broken, it worked locally, but not on the web server, I think its a case issue with the folder

I'd consider redoing the banner. The Arrow logo needs to be sharper, and the images make the banner too busy. I'd also get rid of the "Since 1930" subbanner, and incorporate that into the main banner.

As for the nav on the left, I'd put at least alt tags on those images to improve search engine results. Put an alt tag on the banner, too. For the rest of the body, I'd consider putting where the main text resides onto a white background. In most cases, that is the most professional.

Small steps, but I think these recommendations will go a long way.

thanks, what do you mean "alt" the buttons, im very new to this, sorry
and in dreamweaver, how do i put the text over a white background?

Back