Web site logging question

Teecee

Gawd
I have a friend who runs his own business and wants to monitor/log where some of his employees go on the internet. Most of them set their internet history to delete every day or manually go in and deletes them. I was thinking of putting in a untangle/smoothwall box in there to provide some web filtering/logging. He has 15-20 computers at his office and is using a RV082 router to plug into his DSL connection.

I am pretty sure that both of these solutions can provide him with a way to log each website by IP and time. Having this in place will prevent the users to erasing their tracks.

Now I was wondering what hardware I should get? I want something reliable that doesnt use a ton of power and is not "server" loud. I hope to just set this up and not have to worry about the hardware crapping out on me. Any thoughts on some hardware/software that can do this?

Any linux firewall/router package with Squid should suffice.

Clarkconnect is pretty simple to setup and has some nice web filtering/logging controls. But there are tons of options out there.

The equipment doesn't need to be anything fancy.

I just saw a neat matx Via motherboard/CPU combo in the Via section for $49 bucks. Should be more then enough power and energy efficient.

Back