Web Calendar/Schedule

bignasty

Limp Gawd
Ok, im the webmaster noob so any help you guys can provide would be awesome, i am trying to find a way to schedule time in a lab, i would like the system to be online, where there is no paper involved becuase we have run into problems with the paper, does anyone know of a good PHP app, or anything that will allow me to do this?? even something as simple as the user posting time and number of machines required and then that gettin posted on the main page in that slot, usually machines are reserved for 1.5 hrs at a time between the hours of 8 and 3, if anyone has any ideas please post em.. thanks in advance for anyhelp

If you've got Exchange, the Outlook calendar is a pretty good method of doing reservations. We do it by creating a dummy account per resource and scheduling meetings with them.

Don't know of a web app offhand, though I'm sure they're out there.

Well how much room do you have to move, being the webmaster? You could use a PHP calendar application and let people post to that (requires a dB..I use mysql). You could also use phpBB and setup 1 forum where people can post in the forum and it will dump it to a page like most sites do with news postings.

Try phpBuilder.com and their forums...there are a lot of scripts on there. Here is the calendar on my site that I'm talking about...I've customized it a bit since I got it, but you get the idea. Calendar

-Madwacker

Madwacker said:
Well how much room do you have to move, being the webmaster? You could use a PHP calendar application and let people post to that (requires a dB..I use mysql). You could also use phpBB and setup 1 forum where people can post in the forum and it will dump it to a page like most sites do with news postings.

Try phpBuilder.com and their forums...there are a lot of scripts on there. Here is the calendar on my site that I'm talking about...I've customized it a bit since I got it, but you get the idea. Calendar

-Madwacker

where did you get the code? phpBuilders?

ASP.NET actually comes with a calendar web control comes as part of the base .NET class structure.

Also in the book Eric Meyer on CSS he devotes a while chapter to creating and populating a calendar devised from a table and styled using CSS. It isn't a huge leap to adapt this to a data driven website using any of the plethora of scripting languages and data solutions available to you.

Back