Web browsers sluggish on win 10

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
I just built a new box and its snappy except anything using firefox or edge on windows 10. Netflix, Origin Battlelog and youtube are all super slow. This is a scratch build so I have a full retail copy of windows 10 loaded fresh. My laptop which is circa 2013 is a win 10 upgrade and it works fine. I did a clean install as well.

I'm on fast ring 10532 so this might not apply to you. When 10532 rolled out all my network/internet related activities were slow to paint/load and sometimes choppy, I didn't think much about it, that's just beta testing...

But yesterday I added memory (now 32 gb) and was poking around settings. I found that Microsoft had reset most everything on the system to default, most critical to me was the NIC was no longer set for Jumbo Frames. Resetting that to match the rest of my network immediately solved my problem with slow browsing, streaming, etc.

Win10 for some is awesome, for many they are having small to major issues with it, for all that MSFT did with Vista, 8-8.1 obviously they have not learned and made many a bad move with its design and police state ways....I want to try it and am able to place as dual boot, but have a feeling at least 2 of my devices will not work properly if at all due to non standard drivers, let alone some of my games are not "currently up to date" so might not even be able to play them, course I suppose, this is why I want to dual boot, win 7 works just fine, they should have backported some of the features to it and had win7 set as the unofficial non touch version and win 10 which is essentially a modernized win 8/8.1 being the touch version.

Some of my buds use win10 and love it, many however tried it and it would not function the way they needed it to for various reasons so they did not much like it, lord forbid that crazy UI/Update crap.

Origin Battlelog is always slow ;)

But seriously, make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed and make sure they're Windows 10 compatible. Most of the apps you mentioned use hardware-accelerated display code so it can make them feel slow if you don't have updated drivers. Nvidia's Windows 10 drivers are a bit buggy right now too so be careful. AMD's seem a lot better.

I just built a new box and its snappy except anything using firefox or edge on windows 10. Netflix, Origin Battlelog and youtube are all super slow. This is a scratch build so I have a full retail copy of windows 10 loaded fresh. My laptop which is circa 2013 is a win 10 upgrade and it works fine. I did a clean install as well.

Check your nic drivers. Delete Firefox, lol.

well AMD did have a MAJOR hand in development of DX12 both officially and not, where Nvidia as per usual more then likely could not be bothered until their next generation, they are the masters or rinse, repeat, throw away....That is also something else I heard, FF, Chrome and many other programs are having a hell of a time with Win10 via the way MSFT is belting it down in the name of "security" even if it means folks are spending or losing enormous $$$ in the process. As long as you buy it through the app store, and use things in a generic way it "should" work just fine

Back