web based backup, using my own server

viper92086

Gawd
So i did a search on google for a web based backup solution that allows me to host the software on my own server but i could not find anything.

Does anyone use or know of software that i can run on my remote server (at my house)and have it backup a local server(at my business)? I don't mind paying for software that works. Right now we currently use jungledisk and it's been great. Just looking for other alternatives.

Something user friendly would be great, since i'm not always here.
If you are not always "there" then I suggest rsync + cron

It is unbelievably easy

Here are two rsync lines I use

rsync -avzi --delete --progress /home/vraa/win2k8-share/ /vkc_zfs_tank/Home/
rsync -avzi --delete --progress /vkc_zfs_tank/Home/ /vkc_tank_2/Home/

That basically mirrors files from the win2k8-share to the vkc_zfs_tank folder
Then it mirrors the vkc_zfs_tank folder to a completely different zfs tank called vkc_tank_2

After the initial copy, subsequent copies take just a few seconds (differential is transferred).

Define web based software that i host on my server for me? Do you want offsite backup software that you install? Or something you can access from the web

Basically what i'm looking for is software similar to say mozy, jungledisk, and other online backup services. But instead of backing up on their server, back up on my own server located at another building. I need it to be easy to use with a nice gui, as well as encrypt files before sending to the offsite server.

Basically what i'm looking for is software similar to say mozy, jungledisk, and other online backup services. But instead of backing up on their server, back up on my own server located at another building
I think CrashPlan allows you to do this - never used it myself, but I've heard good things about it. :)

If you are not always "there" then I suggest rsync + cron

It is unbelievably easy

Here are two rsync lines I use

rsync -avzi --delete --progress /home/vraa/win2k8-share/ /vkc_zfs_tank/Home/
rsync -avzi --delete --progress /vkc_zfs_tank/Home/ /vkc_tank_2/Home/

That basically mirrors files from the win2k8-share to the vkc_zfs_tank folder
Then it mirrors the vkc_zfs_tank folder to a completely different zfs tank called vkc_tank_2

After the initial copy, subsequent copies take just a few seconds (differential is transferred).

I use rsync in this manner, but I back up to a network computer. It's excellent.

I use Cobian Backup to go to both local disks and my FTP. You can do incremental, differential, encrypted via SFTP...whatever you want. Super easy.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

ahsay is what a few people I know use. They use it to backup clients servers though. IE 15 to 20 clients using them as a backup.

Back