• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

We Need A TV Thread

OLED if you care about accuracy...LED if you care about brightness...I bought a Sony A95L QD-OLED this past October...I love it but you really need a dark home theater room (or light controlled living room) to really be able to take advantage of its capabilities
 
OLED if you care about accuracy...LED if you care about brightness...I bought a Sony A95L QD-OLED this past October...I love it but you really need a dark home theater room (or light controlled living room) to really be able to take advantage of its capabilities
difference between OLED & QD OLED ?

I recently confused QD OLED with QLED. I completely blame Samsung for this confusion
 
difference between OLED & QD OLED ?

I recently confused QD OLED with QLED. I completely blame Samsung for this confusion

QD-OLED uses quantum dots and eliminates the white subpixel, so it has more accurate colors...it uses a blue self-emissive layer with quantum dot color converters, completely bypassing the need for the white subpixel found in traditional W-OLED's...it's more for purists/enthusiasts who care about reference image quality...the drawback is if you're using it as a computer monitor it has text fringing issues (although the latest generation of QD-OLED panels is much improved)

LG and Panasonic use traditional W-OLED panels (Primary RGB Tandem is the latest tech)...Sony and Samsung use QD-OLED panels

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/qd-oled-vs-woled
 
I don't think most consumers are going to spend $10,000 for a TV :D
This thread isn't for most consumers. We have a pretty wide range of budgets here.
It's also a sign of what's to come from a manufacturer that, just a few years ago, was budget tier at Walmart. That's a pretty big leap.
 
Back
Top