We don't care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats one reason the psp is failing... and that the ps3 will fail

they dont care the ds is getting better game and better support
they dont care that people think 600$ is way too much for a console
they dont care to listen to the industry
they just dont care

its just like any empire ... it has to come to an end...

no flamefest please

Hey Sony makes some great products. I love their headphones, the sound is amazing and the price is usually reasonable. I love their Wega TVs, very good quality.

But I hate Sony's snoby attitude, I hate how, despite quality products, offer less in term of options and flexibility. Just look at their TVs, they have less inputs/outputs and are far less configurable (MENU) than their competitors.

This is just another example of their lack of respect for the user.

syntx said:
I love their headphones, the sound is amazing and the price is usually reasonable.

Funny, I was saying this just yesterday. I wouldn't touch anything else they make though, other than the phones (which are more Ericcson than Sony). Sony still has a halo effect from a lot of their earlier stuff, their new stuff hasn't been living up to standards.

Some overpayed idiot in a suit said:
“We’re at a fluid time when games are in final QA but not out of final QA. But we’re close.”

LMAO! If I ever become a businessman shoot me.

Sony-boycotting since they fucked with my machine with their Mini-disc software for their netMD
screwed with my CDROM/DVD so they wouldn't read!!!

after 3 or 4 re-installs of windows and it kept happening slowly tracked down that pile-o-crap

Then the whole root-kit thing (and ripping off open-source GPL code)

and the the whole fuck-um !!!!!!s will buy anything attitude with the PS3

and the whole battery thing, I cant fly with my laptop now (with Virgin) for work meaning I have to look like some right lepper when I ask to borrow a comp when at Boeing!!!

and the whole propiretoy format BS and un-willingness to licence it at a decent price thus causing all their format to enter the history books

and then the Whole DRM BS!!

Fuck-um let them wither into nothingness

you guys know this a paraphrase from MVC right? they most likely pulled the quote "we dont care" out of context. way to jump the gun peoples. :p

eeyrjmr said:
and the whole battery thing, I cant fly with my laptop now (with Virgin) for work meaning I have to look like some right lepper when I ask to borrow a comp when at Boeing!!!

You are aware that Virgin has changed their policy, and now they only disallow notebooks with a battery that is on the recall list right? So if you battery hasn't been recalled your fine. If it has been recalled what the hell are you doing with a battery that has been recalled?

Bad_Boy said:
you guys know this a paraphrase from MVC right? they most likely pulled the quote "we dont care" out of context. way to jump the gun peoples. :p

Sony should pay for loyalists that are as delusional as you. You've basically defended every monumental fuck-up they've made in the past year, and yes, there have been many.

Sony "doesn't care?" It doesn't surprise me one bit. Everything blunder they've made recently seems to support the notion that they don't care one bit about winning the console war. I just feel sorry for their poor shareholders who are probably wishing Sony would care a little more.

K600 said:
Sony should pay for loyalists that are as delusional as you. You've basically defended every monumental fuck-up they've made in the past year, and yes, there have been many.
please, you should look into MVC, they take stuff out of context all the time. nobody is defending sony in my post, im just trying point out a flawed website that are paraphrasing. people are honestly jumping the gun and running with it.

if im a sony loyalist im afraid of what name they have for you. someone who knocked sony for not having hdmi in the 20gb model, and then knocked them later for including it. atleast make an effort with your arguments man. :p

I remember their Trinitron monitors were great back in the day. I remember a friend who had a MiniDisc player that had great quality, and absolutely no chance of finding someone to buy the thing. They have the skills, they just have no respect for the consumer or for their formidable competition. They get a hit every 10 years...the Walkman, the Playstation...but they've fed at their own trough too much.

Na na na na, he-ee-ey, Goodbye Sony.

It's not that Sony doesn't care. The truth is most big corp do exactly the same thing. They tell us what we need, they manipulate us into believing that we must buy their product. Some even force us to buy their product through 3rd party (MS anyone?). The difference here is that Sony does it in a way that is transparent. Hell, they have the balls to tell the EU that the PS3 is a computer and as such they shouldn't have to pay some tax on it. They refuse to admit mistakes, they even repeat the same errors of the past i.e.: blue-ray (BETAMAX?). That is a company that needs some change in managment. It reminds me of IBM.

They don't adapt to the real world, they are trying to control the world. That didn't work then and it certainly won't work in todays reality.

Bad_Boy said:
please, you should look into MVC, they take stuff out of context all the time. nobody is defending sony in my post, im just trying point out a flawed website that are paraphrasing. people are honestly jumping the gun and running with it.

if im a sony loyalist im afraid of what name they have for you. someone who knocked sony for not having hdmi in the 20gb model, and then knocked them later for including it. atleast make an effort with your arguments man. :p

Sorry, but I didn't "knock" either event specifically, little Ken. I "knocked" their complete lack of competence in standing by anything they say. They hyped "True HD" then announced an option that would completely gimp that feature. They shoe-horn it in at the last minute and announce it as if they're doing us some monumental favor when it should have never been in question to begin with.

They criticize other companies for "unoriginal ideas", then turn around and basically design a system that does a poor job at copying the best ideas of their competition. They criticize Microsoft for having two SKUs, promise they'll never do the same, then turn around and announce a multi-tiered system. They downplayed the necessity of online gaming last generation and act as if it has suddenly gained popularity since they announced it would be a staple of the PS3. They talked trash about the 360 being too expensive then turned around and released one that is significantly higher than the highest 360 option. They blatantly lied about several key presentations and then tried to cover it up by simply ignoring questions about it (Killzone much?). The list goes on but anyone without loyalties to the company already knows how far they've fallen.

They're a joke of a company and you're a fool for defending them.

K600 said:
Sorry, but I didn't "knock" either event specifically, little Ken. I "knocked" their complete lack of competence in standing by anything they say. They hyped "True HD" then announced an option that would completely gimp that feature. They shoe-horn it in at the last minute and announce it as if they're doing us some monumental favor when it should have never been in question to begin with.

They criticize other companies for "unoriginal ideas", then turn around and basically design a system that does a poor job at copying the best ideas of their competition. They criticize Microsoft for having two SKUs, promise they'll never do the same, then turn around and announce a multi-tiered system. They downplayed the necessity of online gaming last generation and act as if it has suddenly gained popularity since they announced it would be a staple of the PS3. They talked trash about the 360 being too expensive then turned around and released one that is significantly higher than the highest 360 option. They blatantly lied about several key presentations and then tried to cover it up by simply ignoring questions about it (Killzone much?). The list goes on but anyone without loyalties to the company already knows how far they've fallen.

We're all fools if we lose our time fighting over them.
Yeah Sony messed up, you hate them, there are many lies...

You already know it man, as everyone should know.
Things are getting repetitive over here with the usual defenders vs. bashers
Why not just let it go?

Woohoo, another flamefest. That's the only reason I even come in the console forum. :)

Yeah so let's try and keep it civil, or this will be just another closed thread. :rolleyes:

Bad_Boy said:
While I agree that this may be taken slightly out of context, the quotations around a phrase in an article mean...they're quoting the person. So while Kutaragi may have said something like, "We don't care about our competitors' claims of technical superiority," the article still boiled it down to the basics of that statement...they don't care. Which is something I could see Kutaragi saying, because he's deadset on convincing the general public that he's absolutely confident in his product...which is what CEOs are supposed to do. It's just other CEOs tend to try to be confident in their product as well as giving some indication to the consumer that his company doesn't see Joe Gamer as a big ol' Dollar Sign (or Yen Mark) waiting to be picked clean.

Which is, of course, total bullshit. In capitalism, the consumer is -always- the bitch, because they create, and we consume, often regardless of the quality or usefulness of whatever it is they create. And Sony has accumulated enough developer and fan support by this point that they can bank on the fact that, with the extensive library that they're pretty much guaranteed to have with the PS3 because every developer is also motivated by profit, a large segment of gamers will want at least 2 or 3 games badly enough during the PS3's lifespan to buy it at some point. So, they've ditched with the pleasantries and are allowing Kutaragi to more or less come out and say, "Whatever bitch, you'll like what we tell you to like because the developers are on our side. Economies of scale, mothafucka! Bend over." Which somehow makes some people like Sony more for being honest with their consumers - consumers, not fans; important distinction - and results in the type of following that they have now.

Others among us, for better or for worse, tend to not like being reminded that in the end, we're just bitches.

K600 said:
Like I said, atleast make an effort with your arguments, dont just say stuff like this one week..
K600 said:
The base model PS3 doesn't even have an HDMI port. "Superior" hardware... :rolleyes:
and this the next week say something like this...
K600 said:
HDMI!...who cares?
It just sounds contridicting as if its a bad thing not to have it one day but its also bad to have it the next day.

They criticize other companies for "unoriginal ideas", then turn around and basically design a system that does a poor job at copying the best ideas of their competition.
something I have never defended them for.

They criticize Microsoft for having two SKUs, promise they'll never do the same, then turn around and announce a multi-tiered system.
something i never praised, i never liked 2 SKU systems for both MS and Sony

They downplayed the necessity of online gaming last generation and act as if it has suddenly gained popularity since they announced it would be a staple of the PS3.
something i never even commented on

They talked trash about the 360 being too expensive then turned around and released one that is significantly higher than the highest 360 option.
umm, you got a link for them saying the 360 is too expensive?

They blatantly lied about several key presentations and then tried to cover it up by simply ignoring questions about it (Killzone much?).
I could point out some lies from other companies that try to cover it up, but I wont even go there. You have to remember sony is a company, a business just like any other who doesnt give crap about you, and just wants your dollar.

Atleast get a clue for your arguments, nobody is defending them, i support the things they do right and your getting annoyed by it, its that simple. You simply love the word loyalist, please find a new word cause its far from reality... I dont go around being anti microsft or anti nintendo, I dont praise or defend sony for the mistakes they make. yeah I may try to correct the things that people may misunderstand from time to time, but its far from defending if im just correcting misunderstood information. If all your are going to do is bash sony, name people loyalist, and call people fools over the internet, you need to seriously weigh your options and reconsider your goals in life. If you dont like sony, dont post in the sony oriented threads, its that simple.
finalgt said:
While I agree that this may be taken slightly out of context, the quotations around a phrase in an article mean...they're quoting the person. So while Kutaragi may have said something like, "We don't care about our competitors' claims of technical superiority," the article still boiled it down to the basics of that statement...they don't care.
And how is that good journalism? If they said something like "we dont make decisions on the decisions our competitors make" it wouldnt be anything different then the words from other companies. Obviously they do but they are not going to tell you that, its nothing but PR. What im saying is for the journalist to paraphrase and bring things out of context, whats the point in reading if you dont have all the information. It's like reading kotaku, something I'd rather not do.

You tell me which sounds worse for a company to say...
"We do not care"
or
"We don't care about our competitors' claims of technical superiority"

see my point?

Anyways, hopefully a mod can lock this one.

Bad_Boy said:
Like I said, atleast make an effort with your arguments, dont just say stuff like this one week..

and this the next week say something like this...

It just sounds contridicting as if its a bad thing not to have it one day but its also bad to have it the next day.

I explained this earlier, Little Ken;

I didn't really care whether or not HDMI was in there. Unlike most Sony consumers (Read: You), I actually know what HDMI is and what it's for. I know that it's unnecessary, yet Sony touted it as some critical feature that would be in the PS3. Afterwards, they broke two promises at once by announcing two SKUs and dropping it from the cheaper model. They've given nothing but mixed signals and I will respond to each.

The lack of HDMI was just another example of them ditching a feature of their "superior" hardware that has never really been superior. The backtracking on the matter is simply a prime example of their misdirection of management overall. The entire PS3 project has been a shitstorm of bad press and terrible decisions.

Bad_Boy said:
I could point out some lies from other companies that try to cover it up, but I wont even go there. You have to remember sony is a company, a business just like any other who doesnt give crap about you, and just wants your dollar.

No single company has made as many consistant lies in this industry as Sony with the exception of Infinium Labs. They've insulted the intelligence of their fanbase and they've made some of the dumbest business risks that I've seen in quite some time. The fact that PS3 dominance is even in question shows how poorly they've handled the entire project; they outsold their competition by a ridiculous margin last generation. Whether or not they do the same thing this time shouldn't even be a matter of chance, yet it is. Sony is going into launch with next to no momentum and Microsoft is coming off the heels of a very successful Tokyo Game Show/X06 event. The Wii is gaining popularity by word-of-mouth and media hype.

I'd call you your proper name but the mods have it filtered in this forum.

Alright, enough of the Sony bickering. It's getting old, and I'm growing tired of it. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back