• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WD2500JD firmware versions?

mikeblas

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2006
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
12,777
I have two new Western Digital WD2500JD drives. I bought them at the same time from the same vendor. They're hung off a Promise FastTrak TX2200 adapter.

When I examine the drives using the BIOS in the adapter, it gives two slightly different drive models, and shows two different modes for acessing the drives. And it also shows two different capacities!
Code:
Model: WD2500JD-75HBB0, Mode: U6, Capacity: 250000 MB
Model: WD2500JD-00GBB0, Mode: U5, Capacity: 250059 MB
What's the deal with that? Are the extra digits in the model a hardware revision? What's the difference between U6 and U5? These are SATA drives, so why would the UDMA mode be anything but UDMA-6?

Should I worry about putting these two drives into the same RAID 0 array?
 
Back
Top