• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WD20EARS fuure prices...

Messerschmitt

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
76
Hi,
So I managed to get a WD20EARS for 63$ on sale. I haven't picked it up yet, and I am wondering if maybe the prices will go even lower. I honestly don't really need the storage right now, and seeing how the 3TB's are fastly approaching 100$ or lower, I have my doubts now that this was a good deal.

Any opinions?
 
I don't buy hard drives until I need them. If i needed one now, $63 is a reasonable price. Of course, if your time to install it is worth something, then the 3TB version is worth the labor cost.
 
Prices of most hardware will go down, so gotta agree with GeorgeHR - don't buy stuff till you need it.

Amazon has 3tb Hitachi's for $107. ;)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Prices dont seem to have changed much on those 2TB WD greens, that is only $2 less when what i paid a year ago.
 
During a store sale recently here in Canada (B&M only special), they were selling in the $40s (CAD). So they're still milking it quite a bit on the average 60-70 price range. But it's definitely going down. Such is the HDD cycle.
 
Back
Top