WD10EALS vs Samsung F3

Falling Anvil

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been on the market for a new drive for a while now, and with the 4th of July that means sales on hard drives. I had been holding out for a deal for a Samsung F3 in particular, and it seems that Ewiz had answered that little prayer when they were going for 65 bucks. However, Newegg then decided to throw me in for a loop with a deal for WD10EALS, a newer drive I'm quite a bit less knowledgeable about, but which seems to compare favorably to the F3 from what I read on that particular thread about it.

Of course, then Ewiz decided to up the ante with a coupon code for the F3, bringing it down to 60 bucks. Now I'm back to square one, and have about another 12 hours to figure out which one I should get, so I suppose this is a plea for advice on this. These are probably two of the best drives in their class on the market, but which one should I get?

I would still get the F3 for the performance. As wd's warranty is the same as the F3. Unless you get the blacks and i think they are 5 years warranty on those.

According to a bench I saw, the WD is about comparable in speed though, with a lower random access time.

In case anyone cares, I decided to go with the more well known and cheaper quantity. Just got notification that my F3 has shipped, and it should get to my house by Friday. :)

I think you will really like the F3. I just purchased 4 of the 2TB F3s...these are my first Samsung drives and so far I've been very pleased with them. The 1TB F3 is a great performing drive and you got a good price on it.

Back