WD SN850 2TB Availability

stryfex

Weaksauce
Does anyone have any info on the nature of the shortage on this SSD? I've been checking every canadian retailer for weeks and it's perpetually out of stock - seems odd for an item like this

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
newegg.ca had the SN850 2TB in stock finally today - was able to order one successfully :)

newegg.ca had the SN850 2TB in stock finally today - was able to order one successfully :)
Thats great, hope you have a good experience with it. Personally im betting on Sabrent.

That is interesting. I had one on preorder for weeks and it's not shipped. I looked yesterday and it just went from pre-order to out of stock. ???

Last edited:
That is interesting. I had one one preorder for weeks and it's not shipped. I looked yesterday and it just went from pre-order to out of stock. ???
I was going to get Sabrent but after the tests, I want the WD..but yeah the 2TB is not in stock at Newegg. :/

I was going to get Sabrent but after the tests, I want the WD..but yeah the 2TB is not in stock at Newegg. :/
What tests? i just got my sabrents, amazing drives.

Attachments

• CDM8.0 Asus B550M TUF + 5900x + Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus (SB-RKT4P-1TB).png
    CDM8.0 Asus B550M TUF + 5900x + Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus (SB-RKT4P-1TB).png
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • CDM8.0 Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtereme + 3950x + Sabrent 2TB Rocket 4 Plus (SB-RKT4P-2TB).png
    CDM8.0 Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtereme + 3950x + Sabrent 2TB Rocket 4 Plus (SB-RKT4P-2TB).png
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
What tests? i just got my sabrents, amazing drives.
Day-to-day stuff and games etc, you're just not going to see that massive bandwidth do too much of anything, yet. Maybe in the future. For me it's the random read write IO that seem to be better on the other drives. The Sabs are a little cheaper and they're in stock but I think reading and writing a lot of small files, zipping and unzipping etc will be faster on the other drives. Maybe.

Don't get me wrong it's fun to watch a 30GB VM be copied at a few thousand megabytes per second onto the same SSD but I'm almost never doing that and until I get 10 gigabit LAN (whenever there's a flipping 8+ port, 10 GB switch that isn't huge and noisy and expensive) all that bandwidth on the drive itself isn't really doing much right now, for me.

Last edited:
Day-to-day stuff and games etc, you're just not going to see that massive bandwidth too much of anything, yet. Maybe in the future. For me it's the read right IO that seem to be better on the other drives. The Sabs are a little cheaper and they're in stock but I think reading and writing a lot of small files, zipping and unzipping etc will be faster on the other drives. Maybe.
Yes that is why I am going with the WD as real world stuff like that seems to perform better.

I tried to chat with Newegg about my pre-order and it was like I was talking to someone overseas or something. They were just telling me that yeah the release date is 12/03. I was like, I know that but what about my pre-order that I put in a month ago. It looks like you got stock yesterday but my order status hasn't changed. Then they told me I did get one and it would be shipping soon. Then I was like, but my order status hasn't changed and they were like oh you're pre-order is in we'll let you know when we get some end to ship to you. I know but okay so you're saying that you got some in and they weren't enough to fill the orders. Good grief.

Note that I was able to get mine from newegg.ca (the canadian version of the site). The Canada site has an entirely different inventory than the American one. I have a tracking number for mine and CC was charged - it'll allegedly be here on Tuesday

OIC, I had ordered one directly from Western Digital also and that one shipped today so I canceled the Newegg order.

my 2TB SN850 came in today from newegg.ca....now it gets to sit in a box on top of my case and water cooler boxes endlessly while AMD's paper launch of the 5900x and ASUS' paper launch of the Dark Hero frustrate me endlessly

my 2TB SN850 came in today from newegg.ca....now it gets to sit in a box on top of my case and water cooler boxes endlessly while AMD's paper launch of the 5900x and ASUS' paper launch of the Dark Hero frustrate me endlessly
I even saw one scalper doing it for the dark hero where I live. Those leeches won't let any product alone

Back