WD SiliconEdge Blue 64 gb for $118

With those reviews, I'd say buyer beware. I wouldn't buy it at 50 dollars.

They have the 128GB version for $195 free shipping. That a good deal?

From all the reviews of these drives, I would daresay no. Thats close to Intel 80 Gig prices. And that should be enough for a boot drive, and have a much better performance/price ratio.

Personally I'd buy 8 of them and Raid X0 (undecided which) on my 1680IX, so still waiting for more price drops. :p But looking at all of them, I would go either with Intel or a Sandforce controller based one.

Hopefully WD can score a good SSD next round, to try to drive the prices down.

I wonder why the worst of the reviews on that drive are at the top. overall - it seems like a decent drive.

From all the reviews of these drives, I would daresay no. Thats close to Intel 80 Gig prices. And that should be enough for a boot drive, and have a much better performance/price ratio.

Personally I'd buy 8 of them and Raid X0 (undecided which) on my 1680IX, so still waiting for more price drops. :p But looking at all of them, I would go either with Intel or a Sandforce controller based one.

Hopefully WD can score a good SSD next round, to try to drive the prices down.
I was close to buying but all the reviews just gave it moderate ratings. Apparently the controller on the drive is just average. No wonder these dropped from $600 to $200 in 6 months.

Back