• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WD SATA drive and IDE

WANGton

n00b
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
8
I have a question if i have a slave 40gb IDE drive can i have a master SATA drive too without issues? or should i be using either SATA or IDE? And if i can do both is it a BITCH to do GHOST? Thinking of making the move to SATA for my MASTER drive but i dont want to lose information or run into BS. Thanks.
-Walt
 
The IDE drive should be set to master. The SATA drive should be set to master as well because in the BIOS is where you will select which drive to boot from.
As far as using Ghost is concerned, I don't know because I have never used it. I would imagine that you could copy the data over., but I don't know for sure. Someone else here may be able to answer that better than me.
 
teh sata drive should never be set for anything but master as it's the only thing on the cable.
 
Anyone have expereince setting up the ASUS 87N8X-E Deluxe with SATA and IDE?
Would you wait for the new SATA 300 drives to come out?
 
Back
Top