WD or Seagate

soxfan894

n00b
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
30
Alright...Im looking into a new drive for my main OS

WD 74gb 10,000rpm on that is on newegg at the moment...or Seagate 250gb 7200rpm

I odviously want the WD 74 but i hear bad things about them shutting down and overheating

I need some feedback...
 
soxfan894 said:
thats what i wanna do...but with all the neg. feedback on it from newegg im nervous

i believe some of the earlier revisions had problems...

if you run into any problems WD has a great advance rma service :)
 
I've had multiple raptors since the 36GB versions, and now own a 74GB version. 0 problems with any of the drives. Of course if you take into consideration the additional heat of a 10krpm and prepare for it theres nothing to worry about. My P180 has plenty of airflow though :)
 
Don't buy it from Newegg, they don't ship drives according to manufacturer specs. ZZF does it right.

 
Back
Top