WD no touch load technology

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I this just a marketing term for a WD feature that is also on Seagate drives. Does it do away with head parking wear?
I am looking at s 2tb Firecuda Seagate and also the 2tb WD blue laptop drives can't afford even 300 for a bulk Micron 1100 (which I don't trust being OEM no retail warranty) I have a Firecuda in an I7 laptop and don't really see any speed increase. In a laptop the no touch tech is supposed to be less wear and longer life. Again real new tech or BS......?

The firecuda is a learning drive so after 2-3 boot ups and opening of programs like browser or constant used programs it should be like using a ssd well 90% any way (for OS startup programs and typical used software)

That said I killed my first firecuda right after getting it when it died attempting a full erase (it seemed new/used as smart info had small data written and uptime was 0 it was not sent packed correctly and was moving around the box)

That said if you can't get a ssd for your boot drive I would get a SSHD (firecuda or alike) hdds are just painful to use once you used a ssd as your boot (SSHDs should cover most reads witch casue most slow downs and the 128mb-7200 3.5 /256mb-5400 2.5 of cache would cover the writes) just ignore the fact they only have 8gb of NAND on SSHDs for read boosting

Last edited:
Back