WD ks vs WD aaks?

SavageThrash

Limp Gawd
Well i bought 2 WD3200AAKS drives for raid 0 for my gaming system. First time i set them up and im getting errors. I take the bad drive back to the store i bought it at and get another one. This time i waited over the stores return policy and when i setup the raid i get errors again.

RMAed the harddrive to WD and said on the RMA sheet this drive is for a raid 0 array so i need the same model. Instead i get back a wd4000ks (refurb which is expected) drive which is a slower drive. I dont care that i have an extra 80gb as size isnt the problem. So should i use the 400gb drive as a storage drive and the 320 as OS and game drives or whats my chance of WD sending me the right drive if i contact them.

Well i bought 2 WD3200AAKS drives for raid 0 for my gaming system. First time i set them up and im getting errors. I take the bad drive back to the store i bought it at and get another one. This time i waited over the stores return policy and when i setup the raid i get errors again.

RMAed the harddrive to WD and said on the RMA sheet this drive is for a raid 0 array so i need the same model. Instead i get back a wd4000ks (refurb which is expected) drive which is a slower drive. I dont care that i have an extra 80gb as size isnt the problem. So should i use the 400gb drive as a storage drive and the 320 as OS and game drives or whats my chance of WD sending me the right drive if i contact them.

I don't think the probability of WD sending you the right drive is anything a forum member can tell you, unless they work at WD and have some kind of knowledge about the RMA department. You should just contact them first.

If you want to keep these drives, however, you should probably do a bit of digging into some of Techreport's older hard drive reviews (old enough so they compare 320 GB / 400 GB drives). Currently, the lowest they go with WD are the WD5000AAKS. If you were to search for a review of the WD5000KS, however, you'd probably get something.

Back