WD Data Life

THE JEW (RaVeN)

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 14, 2003
Messages
404
I searched through here for Data Life, but it didn't seem to answer my question. Thus, I turn to you gurus. I regularly use WD's Data Life to add a harddrive to a Windows install to beat the 137Gb limit. When I added a 200gig drive to my DFI Ultra-D after a fresh install of XP w/ SP2, it didn't show up in XP. So I ran Data Life Guard and it said it wanted to reinstall it. That's good cuz I have a lot of data on it that I want to save.

The problem arises from the fact that it says something about it wanting to give it a new partition. Now, I vaguely remember doing this before and I *think* it kept the data. I would just like someone to quell my fears about losing my data :eek:

I read the 137Gb sticky. Would an easier solution to all of this just be to follow this guide?
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/q303/0/13.asp&NoWebContent=1


Basically, all I want is my WD IDE 200gb drive to be installed on my computer with XPSP2 so that I can keep my data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
 
Look in Disk Management and see if it shows up as being formatted/partitioned. Control panel->admin tools->comp management->disk management on the left.

 
I don't know what the devil happened, but I used the UBCD to copy the partition to a blank 300gig and am know using a File Recovery program to extract all the data. Thanks for all those who tried to help me. It was appreciated.
 
Back
Top