WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 6Gb's $85 Shipped

I was bout to buy it last week with those hard drive deals, worked on this model as well. Anyways, I decided not to buy it due to higher densities coming out soon (I think). Plus the 6Gb/s doesnt really help this drive. The only reason to buy this drive is for its 2 platter, 500gb per platter densities, nothing else.

even it have SATA 3 on it, the bandwidth still cannot exceed SATA 2..

pretty pointless to me.

but the drive itself is awesome though, totally love BC and RE3 series that they have :D

holy shit, hulk

i remember when i used to freak out when the 500GB drives dropped to 99 @ Fry's

even it have SATA 3 on it, the bandwidth still cannot exceed SATA 2..

pretty pointless to me.

but the drive itself is awesome though, totally love BC and RE3 series that they have :D
You wouldn't believe the amount of people on here that upgrade to Sata III motherboards because their mechanical drive is Sata III on it. It's pretty funny. There are some mechanical drives that are pushing Sata II though but I doubt this drive is one of them. A couple of the WD 2TB drives are pushing 150MB/s so you really should have Sata III for those.

There are some mechanical drives that are pushing Sata II though but I doubt this drive is one of them. A couple of the WD 2TB drives are pushing 150MB/s so you really should have Sata III for those.

SATA Rev 2 is capable of moving 300MBps after 8b/10 encoding overhead. Why should one upgrade?

what is the performance difference between the 2 drives?

I haven't seen any tests for this drive.

Back