• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WD advance replacement RMA

Emrett

n00b
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
56
Advance Replacement
We ship the replacement product to you first before receiving your defective product. You have 30 days to send us your defective product. A credit card is required to insure that WD receives the returned product within 30 days from the date the RMA is created.

Anyone know the turn around time for this service? When should I expect a replacement after submiting the RMA?
 
Everytime I've used it, I've had the new drive within 72 hours. It's that good. Even if you don't like WD's drives, you have to concede that thier service is pretty good. Of course, some of us think that it's just because WD has more practice replacing drives than anyone else, but the turth is that they have a solid committment to get customer rigs back in action. I've heard that Seagate is pretty good as well, and Maxtor commits to having replacement drives, at least for Enterprise customers, within 72 hours as well. Noone else comes close.
 
DougLite said:
Even if you don't like WD's drives, you have to concede that thier service is pretty good. Of course, some of us think that it's just because WD has more practice replacing drives than anyone else,

Sums it up for me. But yes WD is pretty good about doing RMA's speedy, yet most are because the profit margin for HD's is so low now that they have to keep customers happy or they're going elsewhere.
 
I agree that WD is really good about RMA speed. When you fill out the RMA form the only thing the credit card is for is to make sure you send in the defective drive. If you don't, they bill your credit card for the drive they sent you.
 
cross56 said:
I agree that WD is really good about RMA speed. When you fill out the RMA form the only thing the credit card is for is to make sure you send in the defective drive. If you don't, they bill your credit card for the drive they sent you.

QFT

Never had a problem with WD Advanced RMA. I had a replacement WD 120GB SE 48 Hours after I hit the confirmation button on the website. pretty shit-hot if you ask me.
 
Back
Top