WD 500GB SATAII $169.99 AR

this is lame, not hot..
I bought RE edition for same price from zipzoomfly and no rebates, no tax, free shipping..

The zipzoomfly drives are OEM, not retail. This does not matter to many people, but it does make it more expensive.

Shmuckety said:
The zipzoomfly drives are OEM, not retail. This does not matter to many people, but it does make it more expensive.
same warranty :) I mean really with either one you don't lose out in the end, assuming the rebate comes through

ziddey said:
same warranty :) I mean really with either one you don't lose out in the end, assuming the rebate comes through
Actually with WD, the retail drives have a 1-year warranty while the OEM drives have a 3-year warranty. So basically you're paying more for 2 years less warranty and a fancy looking box.

Pyromaneyakk said:
Actually with WD, the retail drives have a 1-year warranty while the OEM drives have a 3-year warranty. So basically you're paying more for 2 years less warranty and a fancy looking box.
oh i just realized. for the same price is the re2 drive and not just the regular one. so really it is a way better deal. re2 was designed for raid systems and have a higher mtbf and also a 5 year warranty instead of 3! :)

just wanted to update. I got the 500gb re2, and it's way louder than I thought it'd be. It doesn't really bother me though just was surprised

Yup, you can buy these same drives on newegg or zipzoomfly for the same price.

protias said:
Yup, you can buy these same drives on newegg or zipzoomfly for the same price.

clubit had this for 154.99 the other day as well, with free shipping and no tax!

Back