• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WD 3tb green issue

sidweyz

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
124
I bought a 3tb MyBook Essential because it was cheaper than a bare drive. So I tried it out and didn't like it USB. I took it out of its case and installed it internally.

Now my problem.... It doesn't show up in Computer on Win7 64-bit. It will show up in the bios and show up in Windows in the Device Manager. I did a small amount of searching but nothing really came up. The only thing I tried was to turn on ACHI in my bios but doing so Windows will not boot.

Any ideas?
 
Win 7 x64 should pick it up without having to do anything special. Does it show up in Disk Management?
 
Back
Top