WD 160GB HD For $6 - After Finessing

GIGANTOID

Limp Gawd
Circut City has the Western Digital 160GB internal hard drive for $49.99 after $70 mail-in rebates.

Purchase the hard drive and then later price match the original Circut City price of $119.99 to Sam's Club everyday price of $79.99 (plus 10% of the difference).

$119.99 - $70 - $44 = $6

Circuit City

Sams Club

Scan of the Ad

YMMV

If you can make sure your original receipt from CC gets unmodified by the pricematch it might work and be incredibly hawt.

yeah i saw this earlier on FATWALLET, but give credit where it is due, cmon now..

Went to local CC.
Bought drive.
Went to customer service counter, asked for price match.
"We can't price match Sam's Club, as they are a private members-only store." (I.E. not our competition, and we only price match our direct "competition" - Best Buy, Office Max, etc.)

Still not a bad deal for $50 after rebates.

Awol

I tried today but was denied :-(
apparently other people have tried to pricematch sam's club

^^ Your Mileage May Vary

Wondered that too once.. found the answer with a search engine.

Awol said:
Went to local CC.
Bought drive.
Went to customer service counter, asked for price match.
"We can't price match Sam's Club, as they are a private members-only store." (I.E. not our competition, and we only price match our direct "competition" - Best Buy, Office Max, etc.)

Still not a bad deal for $50 after rebates. Awol

If this is the same 160GB Sata drive that CompUSA is selling, you can still get a pricematch from CompUSA and get it for around $17. There's another thread on "pricematching" this drive using CompUSA & Walmart. Use Walmarts lower price to get CompUSA to pricematch, and then take advantage of the CompUSA rebates. Its getting repetitive though.

Not a SATA drive - IDE. P/N WD1600JBRTL

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/productkit.asp?DriveID=66

Awol

If this is the same 160GB Sata drive that CompUSA is selling, you can still get a pricematch from CompUSA and get it for around $17. There's another thread on "pricematching" this drive using CompUSA & Walmart. Use Walmarts lower price to get CompUSA to pricematch, and then take advantage of the CompUSA rebates. Its getting repetitive though.

The decision to pricematch Sams Club is made by the store manager. Of the 3 local stores to me, 2 will not do it, but the one 45 miles away will.

Getting rebates after a PM isn't a problem either, if they are giving you crap just take the drive back next week to get the pricematch and leave the rebate forms at home.

Yeah, they seem to be a lot more likely to let you pricematch when you come back later without the rebates. I've never had any problems with my local Circuit City pricematching to Sam's Club either way; however, last time they claimed the would only pricematch up to $50 bucks, but it didn't matter since i was pricematching $40. If the pricematch works for you, keep an eye out for this deal because it happens very often. (Once or twice a month usually)

lol this is better then the $20 160gb seagate they had last year.

Guess I have to give it a shot.

From what I've ready on Circuit City's website of their entire pricematch policy they do not exclude Costco or Sam's and their corporate office claims that they will pricematch either warehouse club. Basically what you gotta do is ask if they have a copy of the pricematch policy with all the fine print that specifically says they won't match Sam's or Costco...cuz this is what it says on their website...

Circuit City said:
If you've seen a lower advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. If you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days of your purchase, we'll refund 110% of the difference.

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers and special financing. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide price matches online, so please visit the closest Circuit City store to take advantage of our Price Guarantee.

IanG said:
The decision to pricematch Sams Club is made by the store manager. Of the 3 local stores to me, 2 will not do it, but the one 45 miles away will.

You'd spend the money you made off the price match in gas... :D

deal was a no go for me. I think the cashier had seen like 6 prior attempts cause he recognized the ad scan w/o me telling him it was sams.

Back