WCPUID question

diegophil

n00b
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
18
I recently decided to use CPUID to check out my cpu. It showed some very odd information. First off, it shows my AMD 64 3000+ venice core to be a skt 754 not a 939. Second, it shows that the CPU is running at 1813 mhz not the stock speeds of 1800

[ WCPUID Version 3.3 (c) 1996-2004 By H.Oda! ]

Processor #1 : AMD Athlon 64 3000+ / 64A45FF8
Platform : Socket754 (mCPGA Package)
Vendor String : AuthenticAMD
CPU Type : Original OEM Processor (0)
Family : 15 (15)
Model : 15 (15)
Stepping ID : 0 (0)
Brand ID : 0 (264)
APIC : 0
HT Log.CPU Cnt : ----
Name String : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+

Internal Clock : 1813.50 MHz
System Bus : 201.50 MHz
System Clock : 201.50 MHz
Multiplier : 9.0

L1 I-Cache : 64K Byte
L1 D-Cache : 64K Byte
L1 T-Cache : ----
L1 Cache : ----
L2 Cache : 512K Byte
L2 Speed : 1813.50 MHz (Full)

MMX Unit : Supported
SSE Unit : Supported
SSE2 Unit : Supported
SSE3 Unit : Supported
MMX2 Unit : Supported
3DNow! Unit : Supported
3DNow!+ Unit : Supported

Host Bridge : 10DE:005E.A3
South Bridge : 10DE:005E.A3 [$NVIDIA Chipset]
VGA Device : 10DE:0092.A1 [$NVIDIA VGA]
Memory Size : 1024M Byte
OS Version : Windows XP Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
##--- Date 11/20/2005, Time 14:18:56 / 2.0.0.0

I know that I bought a 939 amd 64 3000+, made my list and checked it twice kind athing before I made my purchase. Here is the link to the cpu I purchased from newegg. Any ideas or thought as to why CPUID is showing a skt754?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537
 
Try CPU-Z, it probably doesnt have the information for newer cores and just fills it in with what it knows. I know for a fact CPU-Z works fine on your cpu since I have the same one on the wifes computer :)
 
also, it's running at 1813 mhz because the mobo defaults to an htt/fsb slightly above stock (201.5mhz instead of 200)
 
Back
Top