WC'ing i7 930 @ 4.3ghz and 2 OC'd GTX 480s

Seer37

Limp Gawd
My current parts list setup is a swiftech 320 and a 140 rad for the i7 930 and a single oc'd GTX 480. Can I add another GTX 480 to this and maintain decent temps, or should I be looking at probably adding a second 320 rad to the outside of my 800d?

Nickel/copper blocks for the gpu's would go well with the swiftech apogee gtz block I have for the cpu right?

Off hand, I'd say you're fine adding the second GTX without having to another radiator. A 140+320 is plenty by of cooling power, unless you're using extremely low powered fans. The exact amount of cooling you get will depend on what fans are paired with the radiator. Nickel/copper blocks will work fine with the cpu block you have.

I'm using scythe GT AP15 1850rpm fans for the 320, not sure what 140mm fan for the 140 rad just yet.

Next question is, if i hold off on adding the second gtx 480, could I get away with just the 320 rad, cooling both the oc'd i7 and oc'd gtx 480?

You can just go with a single 360mm rad for 2 blocks (cpu+gpu).
If you add a second GTX 480, I'd go with a pair of 360 radiators.

Also just a word of advice, if you're going to add parts later on, get yourself a drain port.
It's VERY convenient for emptying the water from your loop. Put it at the lowest point of the loop and near the side of your case so you can pull it out and literally drain into a bowl outside.

103_6624.jpg

The model number is Koolance VLV-XTSPL.
The reason I recommend this fitting is that it's a 4 way T with a drain on the bottom. It gives you a lot of flexibility and utlity for the money.

You can just go with a single 360mm rad for 2 blocks (cpu+gpu).
If you add a second GTX 480, I'd go with a pair of 360 radiators.

Also just a word of advice, if you're going to add parts later on, get yourself a drain port.
It's VERY convenient for emptying the water from your loop. Put it at the lowest point of the loop and near the side of your case so you can pull it out and literally drain into a bowl outside.

103_6624.jpg

The model number is Koolance VLV-XTSPL.
The reason I recommend this fitting is that it's a 4 way T with a drain on the bottom. It gives you a lot of flexibility and utlity for the money.

do you have pics in your setup?

Back