WCG not getting work

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
Last night Skill ask for some help on WCG. So I selected WCG and it grabbed 1 work unit, which I though was odd, but went to bed. This morning it had no work available. I checked the settings on the website and the program. Re-loaded WCG and still will not get any work. I tried Einstein and it worked fine, pulled up a crap load of work.

Anybody else having this problem?

Oh wait. I didn't realize you had other projects running. Your work queue is probably filled and that's why WCG isn't grabbing any work.

Pause the other projects and see if WCG grabs work then. IIRC, Einstein is better suited for GPUs than CPUs anyway. So I wouldn't waste CPUs on Einstein@home.

Oh wait. I didn't realize you had other projects running. Your work queue is probably filled and that's why WCG isn't grabbing any work.

Pause the other projects and see if WCG grabs work then. IIRC, Einstein is better suited for GPUs than CPUs anyway. So I wouldn't waste CPUs on Einstein@home.
I just tried another project to see if it would pull up work and it did.

Yeah, still nothing..... Weird. Guess I can't do WCG anymore!

What does the log say when you try to request work?

Open the BOINC Client

Advanced | Event Log

Ctrl + Shift + E should also open it.

Might be really long, you could shut down the BOINC client and start it again to get the full log if their is nothing in there about WCG.

Highlight the project and click update in the Projects tab. The end of the event log should tell you what it's doing.

I suspect your job cache is probably too full or its just not highest priority project if you have other projects running.

Open the BOINC Client

Advanced | Event Log

Ctrl + Shift + E should also open it.

Might be really long, you could shut down the BOINC client and start it again to get the full log if their is nothing in there about WCG.

Highlight the project and click update in the Projects tab. The end of the event log should tell you what it's doing.

I suspect your job cache is probably too full or its just not highest priority project if you have other projects running.
I have no other projects running, here is the bottom of the log. It just keeps repeating this. I have reloaded, different settings, even though they worked fine. I have restarted, deleted it, then added new project, etc.

9/3/2017 4:12:22 PM | World Community Grid | Sending scheduler request: Requested by user.
9/3/2017 4:12:22 PM | World Community Grid | Not requesting tasks: don't need
9/3/2017 4:12:23 PM | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed
9/3/2017 4:12:34 PM | | Suspending GPU computation - user request
9/3/2017 4:12:50 PM | World Community Grid | update requested by user
9/3/2017 4:12:51 PM | World Community Grid | update requested by user
9/3/2017 4:12:54 PM | World Community Grid | Sending scheduler request: Requested by user.
9/3/2017 4:12:54 PM | World Community Grid | Not requesting tasks: don't need
9/3/2017 4:12:55 PM | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed
9/3/2017 4:14:09 PM | World Community Grid | update requested by user
9/3/2017 4:14:10 PM | World Community Grid | Sending scheduler request: Requested by user.
9/3/2017 4:14:10 PM | World Community Grid | Not requesting tasks: don't need
9/3/2017 4:14:11 PM | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed
9/3/2017 4:32:53 PM | World Community Grid | update requested by user
9/3/2017 4:32:56 PM | World Community Grid | Sending scheduler request: Requested by user.
9/3/2017 4:32:56 PM | World Community Grid | Not requesting tasks: don't need
9/3/2017 4:32:58 PM | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed

Well the BOINC Client thinks you don't need any tasks for WCG. So it's either because your job cache is full with other project tasks or your settings are not allowing it.

Try suspending ALL attached projects and just leave WCG running. Request an update and see what happens.

Most likely though, you could just leave it alone and it'll eventually grab work. Might take a day or a few days.

Well the BOINC Client thinks you don't need any tasks for WCG. So it's either because your job cache is full with other project tasks or your settings are not allowing it.

Try suspending ALL attached projects and just leave WCG running. Request an update and see what happens.

Most likely though, you could just leave it alone and it'll eventually grab work. Might take a day or a few days.
Yeah, the only project is the wcg. Weird!
I wonder if there is some cache someplace that stays, even if deleted and loaded.

You could try renaming the client_state.xml file and let the client create a new, fresh one. I believe that's where the debt of each project is stored. Creating a new file should reset all project debts back to 0. Just make sure you make a backup of the file just in case it borks something.

Back