WC SFF CPU or GPU

SEEKER

n00b
Hi guys, need some help. I'm trying to decide if I will benefit more from water cooling my cpu or gpu for gaming. I have played with water cooling in the past and want to try it again. I only have enough room to wc one thing, since I have SFF. I'm planning on buying a better micro-atx mobo with better oc options. So I need some opinions, based on what I have, what should I do?
can my amd 4000 san diego work ok on air above 2.6? will i get more FPS @ 2.6-2.7
can I get more out of my 7800gt(4.85core/1.2mem) if i wc it? will i get more FPS at higher oc? which of the 2 should i do? I'm leaning toward watercooling the gpu.
Again, i'm doing this so that I can have a better gaming experience. Thanks in advance.

Are you using the Aspire QPack? If so, you have enough room to cool both. If I had to make a choice though, I'd choose the GPU. I'm on my second water cooled SFF........cooling both the GPU and CPU.

I managed to watercool both the cpu and gpu in a shuttle, which is much more constricted than the qpack. Trust me- with some careful planning, you could watercool just about anything in that case. I would- just make sure you've got a decent rad, and enough airflow across the rad to keep the gpu and cpu cool.

Ditch that case and get the X-QPack, then you won't have to compromise. There's no room in that case for any decent radiator or fan. Not even an Evercool AWC202 will fit in there unless you plan on running an external optical drive.

MassiveOverkill said:
Ditch that case and get the X-QPack, then you won't have to compromise. There's no room in that case for any decent radiator or fan. Not even an Evercool AWC202 will fit in there unless you plan on running an external optical drive.

Nothing against the Qpack but it seems alot of people have this case. I have 2 co-workers that have it. I built one of them and its a nice case. I just want to be different.
I've decided to just wc the cpu for now since i'm kinda thinking i may wait for the 7800 512mb to come down in price and pick one up. I actually have a evercool awc202 laying around thats is in pieces that i can use for this. I have an idea as to where to put both rads

Antec Aria.. Although, everyone here seems to hate, but I love mine.. /shrug To each their own I guess.

Back