WC setup Temps

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been on water for about a month now, but Ithe only improvement I've seen over the stock hsf is when I'm running my cpu at stock speeds. When oced my cpu only idles about 2-4 degrees less than air(38-40c, and at load about 5c degress less (50-55c). My case temps usually stay below 30c. I have a swiftech 650 pump, 1/2" tubing, and a swiftech rad with dual 120mm fans. I was thinking it could either be the rad or maybe I messed up on the thermal paste. Also I have the hyrdex in my water from swiftech. I would post pics of my setup, but no batts in the camera. Also my WB temps are 29-30c and my rad temps are 29-30c.

if you've got parts like that (swiftech pump, dual rad, etc), you should be seeing *much* better temps.
i would really look into the mounting job you did and the thermal paste application.

actually it is just as loud/louder than my air :D my setup is Pump>RAD>CPU

Yeah, something is screwy there. Most likely the thermal paste. You using a res or Fill&bleed kit? That setup should just purr.

Are you sure your getting proper flow? A picture would help a lot. Buy some rechargables ya cheapie!

Back