WC Setup ... ok?

iownyou14

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
473
Ok, I have made a list of components I want for my new pc w/ water cooling and I need peoples suggestions.

- DangerDen TDX (AMD64) 1/2" ID CPU Water Block w/ Silver Base & Brass Top
- DangerDen MAZE4GPU 1/2" ID GPU Water Block
- DangerDen DD12V-D4 Water Pump
- DangerDen Dual 3.5" Bay Reservoir w/ 2x Outlets
- DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme II Black Radiator
- (2) KingWin 120mm Double Ball Bearing Case Fan w/ 120mm Fan Grill
- (2) CoolingWorks Mini-CoolShroud 120mm Radiator Shroud
- Tygon 10ft Anti-Kink Tubing (1/2" ID)
- Innovatek innovaProtect Fluid & Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
- FrozenCPU Green UV Reactive Water Dye
- TweakMonster 8 RAMsinks

Ok a few notes:
1) I wanted a silver block and I know it performs just a bit better than copper for more money but thats ok.
2. I dont have any more room to put a Reservoir in the 5 1/4 bay so i cant get the new DD Polyethylene Reservoir. But I wanted one in the bays so that it can be near my pump and all inside the case.

I also need to know what water additives I should add. In my list, I have the Innovatek innovaProtect fluid, but is this any good. What water cooling additives should i add to stop corrision, organisms from growing, and that will work with the variaty of metal blocks.

Thanks!!!
 
I would suggest getting Tygon 1/2 OD 7/16 ID tubing. You might have to look around for that a bit and you really don't need a res. Have you looked into the fill plugs. Those are pretty slick. Might be worth checking into if you have space limitations. System looks good either way. :)
 
I was actually looking into a Fillport but in a different way. Like setting up a fillport at the top and connecting it to the resivoir's fill hole so I dont need to take out the res to fill it up.
 
Back
Top