WC setup for 3-Way 480 SLI

Vincent Vega

Limp Gawd
I recently added a third 480 card and now I am desiring a quieter cooling solution for the cards and hence water cooling is the way to go. Assuming that budget is not really an obstacle, how would you go about efficiently (and in style) cooling those puppies down?

I have an i7 975 on a P6X58D Premium doing the processing and it's currently stashed in a Canyon 695. Otherwise, there's a RAID0 of 3 650GB Caviar Black, 2x 1.5TB Green for storage and a C300 for the OS. The case is too tight for a 3x120 or 3x140 radiator, I would prefer mounting it on the inside than having it dangle outside the case.

Is the 800D the best option for me? Double loop, one dedicated for the CPU and one for the triple SLI (DD blocks), with one large radiator?

Excuse my ignorance, I am not new to PC building and oc'ing for that matter, it's just the first time where the interest in WC has become more of a necessity with the cards running as hot as they do.

Thanks for any input you may have. In the meanwhile I am going to browse around Sidewinder, [H]F, PerformancePC and FrozenCPU to get a better idea of fit and components to order.

Merci!

Back