WC Loop on a Removable Tray

wicked_chicken

Limp Gawd
Another question regarding my next potential build.

I'm looking at building the system in a Caselabs TH10. This case features a removable mobo tray that I'd like to be able to take advantage of. Of course, with a WC rig, this presents a challenge.

My proposed loop (which is subject to criticism and change) is the following:

Res > pump > rad > rad > quick detach > cpa > vga > vga > ram > quick detach > res

That should, in theory, allow me to disconnect the motherboard from the rest of the loop and remove the tray, yes?

Essentially that looks like it will work. Only problem I could see is the hose from CPU to VGA might hit as you are sliding out. Doubt it though.

You also may want to look at putting quick detach fittings on both sides of your VGA section so the video cards can be removed separate from your CPU without having to drain your whole system. You also have the added advantage of still being able to hook up the CPU to your loop if the video cards crap out and you need to use fanned video cards temporarily.

That's a legitimate clearance issue, and it's something to look into. QD hoses on the VGA block may be a good idea as well. Am I correct in understanding that QD mounts seal when detached as not to let air into the loop?

Back