WC Kit Recommendation

They fit totally inside the case.............. :D That's exactly the same reservoir that comes from Swiftech, Danger Den and PolarFlo. It made by a company called Cooling Works. It's another one of those big business sort of things, one company makes it and licenses it to everyone else................... :cool:

Yeah, and if you get it, RE-TAPE (plumbers) ALL OF THE FITTINGS!

I taped everything except those because stupid me thought that they were taped good enough from the factory....WRONG!

I had to drain my system and re-tape the res. It sucked. Tape everything, and tape it good. Those stupid o-rings on the rad don't cut it either, let me tell you....

Something I found sort of stopped me in my tracks. I was ready and setup configuring a DangerDen custom system when I found this pop up in my search for the best prices.

Corsair COOL Watercooling Kit, I've looked through several reviews and have seen very nice temps for the cooling of A64s. It also looks very similar to a Swiftech/Dangerden kit.

Comments?

The Corsair Cool kit is basiclt a Swiftech kit rebadged. There are one or 2 parts that are slightly different like the water block has a different pin count inside (Swifty is better). And the Swifty comes with the rez pump combo and the Corsair comes seperate. That's about it.................... :eek:

According to the reviews, the Corsair kit comes with a resevoir and pump as well. But the price doesn't seem like anything to go crazy about, ~$170.

Yep, it comes with the pump and rez, just not the combo last time I looked, but things change and I could be wrong................ :eek:

With the pumps that come with DangerDen/Swiftech cooling kits, would it be safe to add a VGA block to the loop? Or are the components that come with the original kit all that the pump can handle?

I know that the pump that comes with the Swiftech kit can more than handle the extra block........... :D I haven't looked at the Danger Den kit that you were looking at, but if it's the same pump as the Swifty kit, it won't be a problem.

I just looked at the pump that comes with the Danger Den kit. That make of pump has had problems leaking internally in the past, but these are a new version that's supposed to have the problem fixed I think that the DDC pump will give you a bit better performance though, but that's just me.............. :D

Well actually, if I buy a custom kit from dangerden, I plan on buying the Hydor L25 for the kit. But I've still not decided yet. But I notice a conflict in the model between marinedepot and dangerden.

The Hydor L25 is a different pump on each website.
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=39&cat=25&page=1
2 x 1/2" OD (13mm) fittings.
Pump output 700 l/h (185 U.S. gal/hour)
Delivery head 1.35 m/water column (4 ft. 2 in./water column)
Power consumption 11 W
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HD12202
* Tubing: 1/2" - 5/8"
* Power: 10W
* Flow Rate: 265gph
* Max Head: 50"

Do you think both these pumps could handle the extra block?

Back