WC Help!

asguitarplaya

Limp Gawd
I have a Palit GeForce GTX 260 Sonic GPU
and I would like to water cool it.
What parts would I need if possible?
I found a few sites for WC parts, but I'm not sure if my card can be water cooled.
Any incite would help.
Thanks

Did some research and it looks like I can water cool it.
Luckily the card I have is a 65nm model rather than the 55nm or else I wouldn't be able to.
So no w the question is, what are/is the best way(s) to wc this baby?

Really it depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want just GPU cooling or a full coverage waterblock? You might have a harder time finding a full coverage waterblock, since it's an older card, and they are more specific to the card. You could always check the forum here and post a WTB.

I've had good luck with my older Swiftech MCW-60, take a look at the current offering, the MCW-82 (you would also need the GT200 kit to go along with it!)...

http://www.swiftech.com/mcw82vgawaterblock.aspx#tab4

Upgrade your video card before wasting money buying WC gear for a card that's several generations behind.

I also saw you bought an H100. Return that sorry excuse for watercooling equipment and do some research into a custom WC loop that you can include your graphics card and processor in.

Last edited:
Dang really?? lol
I'm new to this whole WC thing, hence why i'm posting about it.
I"m not a huge gamer, but I do play and I also use my rig for home studio purposes (music) what GPU would you suggest?
Upgrade your video card before wasting money buying WC gear for a card that's several generations behind.

I also saw you bought an H100. Return that sorry excuse for watercooling equipment and do some research into a custom WC loop that you can include your graphics card and processor in.

Yeah I saw that universal waterblock, was thinking about getting that is i couldn't find a full coverage one, but I've been told to just upgrade my card if i want to spend money into WC my rig.

Really it depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want just GPU cooling or a full coverage waterblock? You might have a harder time finding a full coverage waterblock, since it's an older card, and they are more specific to the card. You could always check the forum here and post a WTB.

I've had good luck with my older Swiftech MCW-60, take a look at the current offering, the MCW-82 (you would also need the GT200 kit to go along with it!)...

http://www.swiftech.com/mcw82vgawaterblock.aspx#tab4

Would I need to up my power supply also?
I have a corsair hx650 right now

No, your power supply is good all the way up to 680 GTX or 7970.

Sweet deal thanks!
Also I was told to upgrade my GPU before buying WC equipment.
Was looking at the EVGA GeForce GT 640,(price wise it's really good)
Is that a good card? I play wow here and there, but nothing to crazy. I mainly use my rig for Music and high cpu studio programs

No, your power supply is good all the way up to 680 GTX or 7970.

That would be a downgrade actually compared to the 260. The 650 (non TI) is actually a downgrade to your 260 GTX. I think your best bang per buck upgrade with Nvidia would be the 660ti. There are some good deals on them.

I think the sentiment was that if you're going to spend $200-$300 on watercooling gear, you're better off using that money toward a GPU.

Just picked up an Evga GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2gb from best buy.
They had it priced at 229.99 and they price matched microcenter for 169.99 lol

The card I was gonna get was a 640 (non ti) not a 650
That would be a downgrade actually compared to the 260. The 650 (non TI) is actually a downgrade to your 260 GTX. I think your best bang per buck upgrade with Nvidia would be the 660ti. There are some good deals on them.

I think the sentiment was that if you're going to spend $200-$300 on watercooling gear, you're better off using that money toward a GPU.

So I just picked up an Evga GeForce GTX 650 Ti.
I will return the H100 also. I'm looking into cooling my whole rig. (CPU and GPU)
Noticing that XSPC is a name that's been tossed around. Any good?
Thanks!

Back