• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WC for a q6600

galdoes16

Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
736
I am in the process of building a new PC, and I want to start WC. I was wondering if the Coolkit Elite is any good for cooling JUST THE Q6600, it contains:

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock
Laing DDC-3.2 Pump w/Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Acetal Top
Swiftech MCR220-QP Dual 120mm Radiator (w/fittings)
2 Yate Loon D12SL-12, D12SM-12, or D12SH-12 120mm x 25mm Fans
10' 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer Tubing
1/2" OD Polypropylene T-Fitting
10 Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps
Danger Den Machined Acetal Fillport/T-Line Cap
Swiftech MCB-120 RadBox
1 bottle Pentosin G11 (UV blue) Coolant Additive
Petra'sTech Water Cooling Setup Guide

Would this be good to get to 3Ghz? I'm looking to spend about $260 max.
 
It's fine so get this and sleep well ;) I guess it's from Petra's ? If yes, they always make top notch kits.

 
IMHO, the first kit is much better because the second kit have a less good block (Apogee GT). The Fuzion cpu block is the best in the market.
 
Yup just stick with the Fuzion kit as you'll get a lot more flexibility and usage out of it than the Swiftech one later on. Though if you're only shooting for 3Ghz I think water is a little overkill.
 
I'm using an Apogee GT on a quad and have no complaints, so if budget is a problem go ahead and get the cheaper kit, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
 
I am in the process of building a new PC, and I want to start WC. I was wondering if the Coolkit Elite is any good for cooling JUST THE Q6600, it contains:

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock
Laing DDC-3.2 Pump w/Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Acetal Top
Swiftech MCR220-QP Dual 120mm Radiator (w/fittings)
2 Yate Loon D12SL-12, D12SM-12, or D12SH-12 120mm x 25mm Fans
10' 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer Tubing
1/2" OD Polypropylene T-Fitting
10 Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps
Danger Den Machined Acetal Fillport/T-Line Cap
Swiftech MCB-120 RadBox
1 bottle Pentosin G11 (UV blue) Coolant Additive
Petra'sTech Water Cooling Setup Guide

Would this be good to get to 3Ghz? I'm looking to spend about $260 max.

Hmm no reason for the Pentosin. Your not mixing metals in your loop as far as I can tell. If you want UV go with the Dtek dye. If this is your first time WCing I'd go with a reservoir (micro-res) instead of a T-line, but that is just my opinion. You could opt with the new swiftech rad and res in one 220s.
 
Would it be worth it to buy a 3x120 Rad, and get all of the other stuff separately, just so I might be able to cool my NB? Or would the 2x120 work?
 
Would it be worth it to buy a 3x120 Rad, and get all of the other stuff separately, just so I might be able to cool my NB? Or would the 2x120 work?

I'd get a 3x120 cause I'm paranoid and over-build, but a 2x120 /should/ be enough.
 
Would it be worth it to buy a 3x120 Rad, and get all of the other stuff separately, just so I might be able to cool my NB? Or would the 2x120 work?

I'd get a 3x120 cause I'm paranoid and over-build, but a 2x120 /should/ be enough.

No need for a triple radiator for a CPU only loop... Like, at all.

Grab a triple if you *ever* think you might throw the GPU into the loop as well.
 
Alrighty, I've got my final decision, I'm just gonna buy separate components.

Dtek Fuzion
DDC-01 Pump
MCR-320 QP Rad
EK RES 250 reservoir

Now, what size of tubing/barbs should I use?
 
7/16" Masterkleer over 1/2" barbs. Boil the ends for ~30 seconds and jam them on, no need for clamps with most barbs.
 
Back
Top