Okay, I think I have followed a similar trend for my own rigs. I can actually tell if my OCed system will have a stability or not by just watching Windows 7 start. I've been observing this behavior for the past two months or so and the trend continues to be very similar.
Here's what I have found out: When Windows 7 start, observe the four-color logo coming together very carefully, if there is any stutter at all during this step, 90% of the time I will have a crash, freeze, reboot or other stability issue(s) when I stress my OCed system. However, on the contrary, if the four-color logo come together smoothly w/o any stutter at all, 90% of the time I usually don't have any issue when I stress the OCed system.
I have observed probably close to 15 systems through the whole process during these two months and the trend continues the same way: Any stutter = Stability issue. No stutter = No stability issue.
Again, this is a personal discovery and by no means it indicates any professional test or anything like that, so take it with plenty of grain of salt. Your system(s) could be completely opposite of mine, or could not follow any kind of trend at all. But I just thought I'd share my little discovery, and it may not mean anything to some people/users at all. Happy SBing...
Here's what I have found out: When Windows 7 start, observe the four-color logo coming together very carefully, if there is any stutter at all during this step, 90% of the time I will have a crash, freeze, reboot or other stability issue(s) when I stress my OCed system. However, on the contrary, if the four-color logo come together smoothly w/o any stutter at all, 90% of the time I usually don't have any issue when I stress the OCed system.
I have observed probably close to 15 systems through the whole process during these two months and the trend continues the same way: Any stutter = Stability issue. No stutter = No stability issue.
Again, this is a personal discovery and by no means it indicates any professional test or anything like that, so take it with plenty of grain of salt. Your system(s) could be completely opposite of mine, or could not follow any kind of trend at all. But I just thought I'd share my little discovery, and it may not mean anything to some people/users at all. Happy SBing...